Crime Log …10/12/12
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s round-up of daily crime reports covers Oct. 4 through Oct. 8.
Thursday, Oct. 4
- At 0109 hrs a male presented suspected fraudulent insurance to Officers on a traffic stop.
- At 0933 hrs a man reported someone stole his handgun from the 2100 block of Holbrook.
- At 1040 hrs a woman reported her daughter as a runaway.
- A crash occurred at Conant and Miller.
- A crash occurred at Caniff and Brombach.
- At 1937 hrs officers placed a man from the 3400 block of Evaline under arrest after he fired two rounds at another man but missed (looks like he should have been a better shot). Evidence tagged.
Friday, Oct. 5
- At 2305 hrs a man brought a tan/white husky dog he found at Jacob and Gallagher.
- At 1800 hrs a woman reported someone stole the U-Haul she rented from her home (hope she sprung for the insurance).
- At 1501 hrs a woman reported someone stole her wallet while she was at in the 8700 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 1624 hrs a man reported someone stole his daughter’s iPhone from her locker at Kosciuszko Middle School.
- At 1630 hrs a woman was placed under arrest after a traffic stop.
- At 1703 hrs a man was placed under arrest for driving with a license while suspended.
- At 1740 hrs a man was placed under arrest for driving with a license while suspended (note to drivers: have a valid license in Hamtramck).
- At 2030 hrs a woman reported receiving harassing calls from someone she knows.
- A crash occurred at Carpenter and Klinger.
Saturday, Oct. 6
- At 2300 hrs officers assisted EMS at residence in the 2600 block of Holbrook.
- At 0301 hrs two subjects were placed under arrest for disorderly conduct.
- At 0841 hrs a juvenile was arrested for domestic assault in the 12000 block of Selfridge. Juvenile was transported to the Wayne County Juvenile Facility.
- At 1247 hrs officers were sent to the 2300 block of Casmere for a suspicious situation. Two marijuana plants were seen in the back yard. Plants were confiscated (so close to harvest!).
- At 1311 hrs a man reported that an unknown black female filled a prescription for Vicodin and Xanax at a pharmacy in the 9300 block of Jos. Campau using his ID and insurance card on 10/5 (“It’s for my friend…he’s just too anxious because of the pain to come inside, I swear.”)
- A woman on the 3400 block of Evaline reported her wallet stolen from her coffee table by a female known to her.
- A Denton resident reported that while in front of a building in the 8300 block of Jos. Campau approximately five-to-six black males about 14-16 years-old approached him and grabbed an iPod from his hand at 1712 hrs. The suspects fled westbound on Danforth on foot.
- A Faber resident was placed under arrest for aggravated assault, possession of a replica firearm, possession of drug paraphernalia, operating a vehicle while intoxicated (alchohol), and leaving scene of a domestic assault by officers investigating a complaint that he pulled a handgun on a female at Roosevelt and Jos. Campau at 1941 hrs. Vehicle impounded. A breath test revealed .19 BAC.
- While officers were investigating the previous case witnesses approached saying the same vehicle was involved in hit-and-run accident in front of a house in the 2900 block of Jacob. Officer responded and found fresh accident damage consistent with damage on other vehicle.
Sunday, Oct. 7
- At 0044 hrs a person was placed under arrest for operating while intoxicated at Jos. Campau and Belmont (should have took a cab).
- At 0147 hrs subject placed under arrest for minor in possession.
- At 0207 hrs malicious destruction of property was reported at Jos. Campau and Casmere.
- At 0956 hrs a man reported that an unknown person(s) egged his ‘51 Packard and ‘99 Plymouth between 1600 hrs on 10/6 and 0940 hrs on 10/7. The vehicles were also side swiped by an unknown vehicle (do we have a spree here?).
- At 1219 hrs a woman reported that an unknown person(s) took her beige purse out of her vehicle while it was parked near Conant and Belmont. Her Discover card had been used at a gas station in the 2000 block of Caniff.
- At 1335 hrs three juveniles were robbed at Keyworth Stadium of their iPods by six-to-10 black males. They were pushed down and kicked/punched. EMS was refused by their father.
- Officers were provided fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Carpenter.
- Resident of the 2600 block of Carpenter reported the passenger side tires on her ‘06 Scion were cut between 1900 hrs on 10/6 and 1530 hrs on this date.
- A traffic accident occurred at Caniff and Mackay at 1747 hrs.
- Resident of the 11300 block of Mitchell reported to the station that she was assaulted by a neighbor after she had asked them to turn their music down at approximately 1500 hrs (she probably wouldn’t have cared if it wasn’t the soundtrack to “Titanic”).
Monday, Oct. 8
- At 0035 hrs resident of 2300 block Caniff reported malicious destruction of property to their vehicle.
- At 0800 hrs a female was arrested after a traffic stop at Gallagher and Jacob for driving with a suspended license and a Hamtramck warrant.
- At 0921 hrs a woman reported that an unknown person(s) broke into her house in the 2300 block of Caniff between 1800 hrs on 10/7 and 0915 hrs on 10/8.
- At 1008 hrs a man reported that a black male wearing a black and orange baseball hat, blue hoodie and jeans kicked in the back door of a house in the 2900 block of Jacob. Suspect fled the area (time to burn that outfit, buddy).
- At 1530 hrs a man was placed under arrest on a Hamtramck warrant after a traffic stop.
- Officers investigated a possible elder abuse in the 12000 block of Nagel per Adult Protective Services and found all in order.
Crime of the week: The Faber resident placed under arrest for aggravated assault, possession of a replica firearm, possession of drug paraphernalia, drunk driving, leaving scene of a domestic assault after pulling a handgun on a female and hit-and-run. The police station is going to need a new file cabinet after booking this guy.