Crime Log …10/26/12
By Ian Perrotta
Saturday, October 13
Police were unable to send a crime log for this date due to network problems.
Sunday, October 14
- At 11:18 a.m. officers committed a subject from the 2200 block of Bernard to Detroit Receiving Hospital Crisis Center.
- At 1:40 a.m. a resident of the 12000 block of Klinger reported the theft of floodlights from in front of his residence.
- At 4:27 a.m. a resident in the 12000 block of Selfridge reported a broken window in her residence.
- At 2:48 a.m. a person was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while under the influence.
- At 11:51 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his ‘00 Honda Civic, license plate 2DSS04, while it was parked front of a house in the 3300 block of Edwin between 1:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- At 1:06 p.m. two females were arrested for disorderly conduct at a house in the 12000 Selfridge.
- A resident of a house in the 12000 block of McDougall reported the theft of their “Hamtramck, Michigan” garbage can between noon and 3:30 p.m. on this date.
- A crash occurred at Conant and Comstock at 9:25 p.m.
Monday, October 15
- Officers placed a male under arrest for breaking and entering, open intoxicants, and 31st District Warrant after he was found inside city owned property in the 2400 block of Holbrook at 4:55 p.m.
- An Edwin resident was committed to Detroit Receiving Hospital Crisis Center after threatening to harm herself with a knife.
- At 7:08 p.m. a man from the 2200 block of Caniff reported his ex-girlfriend violated his PPO by being in his eyesight.
- At 8:34 p.m. a Mitchell resident reported that while she was at the ATM at Jos. Campau and Commor, an approximately 20-year-old black male who had a dark complexion and a goatee and was wearing a Detroit Lions jacket attempted to take her money. The woman slammed her car door on his arm and suspect fled westbound on Commor on foot.
Tuesday, October 16
- A crash occurred at Caniff and Lumpkin.
- At 11:25 p.m. a male was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and driving without a license after a traffic stop at Caniff and Lumpkin. Boulevard and Trumbull towed a Chevy Suburban.
- A crash occurred at Caniff and Mitchell.
- At 11:30 a.m. a couple from the 3100 block of Lehman reported that an unknown person(s) broke their house between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. on today’s date. They stated that their medication is missing.
- At 11:08 a.m. man was committed to the Crisis Center after attempting to steal Aleve from a pharmacy in the 9300 block of Jos. Campau. He stated that he has not been taking his medication for the last three months.
- Officers found an open door at a house in the 2900 block of Goodson. The house was cleared and secured after all was found in order.
Wednesday, October 17
- At 11:43 p.m. a man reported he was assaulted in front of a building on the 11900 Conant. EMS treated him on scene.
- At 1:35 a.m. a person was placed under arrest for driving without a license after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Carpenter.
- At 8:18 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his ’96 Honda Civic, plate: CKB7917, from in front of a house in the 12100 Mitchell block between 11:36 p.m. on 10/16 and 7:45 a.m. on 10/17.
- At 9:36 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) damaged her ’99 Honda Civic between 5:30 p.m. on 10/16 and 9:30 a.m. on 10/17 while the vehicle was parked in front of a house in the 12100 block of Mitchell.
- At 10:15 p.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) broke into her house in the 3100 block of Jacob between 8:00 a.m. and 10:10 a.m. on today’s date. Nothing appeared to be missing.
- At 11:53 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown male attempted to push his way into her house on the 2600 block of Holmes.
- A 19-year-old Detroit resident was placed under arrest after he signed a juvenile student out of a school in the 2600 block of Caniff using a false identity and transported the juvenile off of school property.
- A crash occurred at Yemans and Ellery at 5:25 p.m.
- A Trowbridge resident was placed under arrest for domestic assault at a house in the 5000 block of Yemans at 8:55 p.m.
Thursday, October 18
- At 11:02 p.m. a man and two Hamtramck juveniles were placed under arrest for attempt auto theft after they were observed attempting to take a 2003 Ford Taurus, license plate 3CX-P40 MI, that was parked in front of a house on the 3100 block of Jacob.
- At 11:41 p.m. an Evaline resident was placed under arrest for domestic violence after he assaulted his live-in girlfriend.
- At 11:35 a.m. a man reported that he was assaulted by three males known to him.
- A crash occurred at Yemans and Gallagher.
Friday, October 19
- At midnight officers took multiple reports of malicious destruction of property in the 2600 block of Neibel.
- At 1:30 a.m. a subject was arrested for disorderly conduct at Evaline and Mitchell.
- At 11:15 a.m. a man entered the station and reported the theft of $650.00 by a suspect named in the report.
- At 3:10 p.m. a man reported being assaulted and robbed of $50 cash by another man who was known to him.
- At 4:06 p.m. a resident from the 2600 block of Niebel reported someone damaged the tires on his vehicle while it was parked in front of his home.
- At 8:12 p.m. officers placed a man under arrest after he was observed running in and out of traffic almost being struck by cars. His BAC was .186.
Saturday, October 20
- At 2:40 a.m. there was a report of an attempted robbery on the 2200 block of Yemans. The suspects’ vehicle was described as a dark early model minivan occupied by three black males armed with handguns.
- At 5:33 a.m. officers responded to an alarm in the 12100 block of Jos. Campau and found an open door. The building was cleared and secured.
- At 10:33 a.m. a man reported that a woman broke the passenger side mirror on a ’96 Chevy, while it was parked in front of a house in the 12000 block of Grand Haven.
- At 1:33 p.m. officers responded to Belmont and Jos. Campau for a robbery in progress. A woman stated that a black male grabbed her necklace and she resisted. The black male fled the area.
- A resident of a house in the 12000 block of Grand Haven reported four windows were broken out in their apartment between 10:30 a.m. and 3:57 p.m. on this date.
- A resident of a house in the 2600 block of Carpenter reported the theft of his ’03 burgundy Chevy Malibu (MI- BDB8005) between 10/19 and 4:30 p.m. on this date.
- A Zinow resident reported she was assaulted by a suspect named in the police report while walking near Mackay and Commor at 4:40 p.m.
- Three males were placed under arrest for attempted armed robbery, carrying a concealed weapon, and possessing drug paraphernalia after they brandished a handgun at Holbrook and Gallagher and asked for money. The victim followed their vehicle to Conant and Evaline where officers stopped it and recovered a pistol BB gun.
- A Nagel resident reported that he was knocked off of his bicycle by a teenage black male with an afro, yellow shirt and white pants in the 11600 block of Nagel at 6:31 p.m. The suspect fled on the bicycle, which was recovered in the 12000 block of Selfridge.
- A resident of the 3000 block of Hanley reported a break-in through a window between 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on this date. Nothing appeared to be missing.
Sunday, October 21
- At midnight a resident from the 5100 block of Trowbridge reported larceny from an auto from in front of her residence.
- At 12:43 a.m. an unarmed robbery was reported to be occurring in the 2300 block of Norwalk.
- At 9:29 a.m. a male was arrested for driving without a license after a traffic stop at Conant and Fredro.
Monday, October 22
- At 12:14 a.m. a resident of the 2700 block of Edwin was placed under arrest for domestic violence.
- At 10:50 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for carrying a concealed weapon in a motor vehicle following a traffic stop.
- A hit-and-run occurred at Nagel and Caniff at 5:15 a.m.
- Officers identified a juvenile responsible for lighting a Hamtramck Housing Commission Dumpster on fire at Carpenter and Oklahoma and turned the juvenile over to the Fire Marshall at 4:09 a.m.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Holmes reported a break-in between 4:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Entry was made by pushing-in the window air conditioner.
- A Burger resident reported an unknown black male reached into his vehicle at Fleming and Carpenter and stole his keys after punching him in the face at 8:06 p.m.
- A resident of the 11600 block of Gallagher reported a break-in between 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.