Crime Log …1/11/13
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s crime reports covers Jan. 2 through Jan. 8.
Wednesday, January 2
- A crash occurred at Mitchell and Commor.
- A crash occurred at Poland and Lumpking
- At 1:25 p.m. an agent of a business in the 12100 block of Conant reported that two fraudulent checks had been passed by suspects named in the report.
- A Ferry Street resident reported that an unknown suspect stole his bicycle while it was chained to a fence on Jos. Campau at 3:45 hrs. His front wheel was left chained to the fence.
- A Dwyer Street resident was placed under arrest for operating a vehicle while intoxicated by alcohol after he struck a utility pole and rolled his vehicle at Buffalo and Trowbridge at 4:18 p.m. His vehicle was impounded and DTE secured the downed pole.
- At 10:35 p.m. two males were arrested in the 2200 block of Alice for breaking in after they were found in an abandoned house.
Thursday, January 3
- At 12:26 p.m. a male was arrested at Jos. Campau and Hewitt for driving with a suspended license and a Hamtramck warrant.
- At 6:11 a.m. officers responded to the 9800 block of Jos. Campau for a damaged front door. On arrival officers found the front door had been shattered. The owner was notified and advised of the damage.
- At 9:18 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) broke into a home in the 5200 block of Trowbridge between 11:30 p.m. on 1/2 and 8:30 a.m. on 1/3.
- At 9:54 a.m. a man passed fraudulent insurance during traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Casmere.
- At 11:16 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) broke into a building in the 12000 block of Jos. Campau between 1/2 and 1/3.
- At 11:32 a.m. a woman reported a black female assaulted her at a business at Conant and Doremus.
- At 12:45 p.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) took her cell phone on Holbrook between 1/1 and 1/2.
- At 12:46 p.m. a woman reported that a man pointed a gun at her in the 12000 block of Grand Haven at 12:15 p.m. on today’s date.
- A male was placed under arrest for domestic violence in the 3900 block of Evaline at 3:07 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Charest and Commor at 3:19 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Lehman and Gallagher at 4:09 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Holbrook and Lumpkin at 9:36 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Belmont and Gallagher at 11:16 p.m.
- At 4:57 a.m. officers responded to the 11800 block of Jos. Campau for a B&E in progress. Officers found a window had been shattered. The business’ owner arrived and stated a TV was missing.
- At 7:30 a.m. a male was arrested for driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop on Caniff.
- At 1:30 p.m. a Holmes resident stated that a known party stole another employee’s check from her office desk drawer.
- At 3:14 p.m. units were dispatched to the library regarding a fight. Officers arrived and after an investigation placed two suspects under arrest.
- At 4 p.m. a man came into the station stating he located a purse. The purse was turned over and tagged into evidence.
- At 4:41 p.m. there was a crash at Trowbridge and Conant.
- At 20:43 p.m. a man reported that person(s) unknown broke out a window at his home in the 2300 block of Geimer at approximately 10:30 p.m.
Saturday, January 5
- At 12:44 a.m. officers placed a woman under arrest at a bar on Jos. Campau for carrying a concealed weapon and child neglect after swinging a meat cleaver at security in front of the bar. Her blood alcohol content was .271 and it was later discovered that she left her 11-year-old child unattended at home.
- At 1:45 a.m. a man reported that a white male with shoulder length who was wearing a black hat, brown jacket, and blue jeans damaged his 1991 Dodge Dakota in the 12000 block of McDougall.
- At 1:45 a.m. a woman from the 12000 block of McDougall reported that the same suspect from the previous report had also damaged her 1999 Dodge Durango.
- At 1:45 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) damaged his 1994 Toyota Camry, also in the 12000 block of McDougall.
- At 2:51 a.m. officers were dispatched to a car fire at Grand Haven and Caniff. On arrival officers found a Salvation Army truck on fire with another Salvation Army truck right behind it. Vehicle was transferred to the fire department. At 8:27 a.m. Oakland County reported the vehicles as stolen. They were notified of the recovery.
- At 4:13 a.m. officers reported a water main break in front of the Post Office.
- A crash occurred at Edwin and Ellery.
- A crash occurred at Jos. Campau and Lehmen.
- At 12:51 p.m. a male was arrested at the police station on a Hamtramck warrant.
- At 3:07 p.m. a Bernard resident came into the station with a child. The resident stated that the child’s mother has not been in contact for a day. After an investigation the child was turned over to family members and a report was made.
- At 4:40 p.m. there was a crash at Doremus and Buffalo.
- At 10:08 p.m. a woman stated that she was robbed on Doremus, east of Conant. The suspect grabbed the victims black coin purse containing $440 and a debit card. The suspect fled eastbound on Doremus on foot. The suspect was described as a thin, 6-foot tall white male wearing a navy blue jacket and a dark colored knit cap.
Sunday, January 6
- At 1:53 a.m. officers heard several shots fired in the area of Jos. Campau and Roosevelt. An investigation revealed a man shot outside of a bar in the 8800 block of Jos. Campau. Suspects were described in the report, the victim was treated at Detroit Receiving Hospital, and a handgun recovered.
- A resident of the 2300 block of Whalen reported that between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. an unknown suspect(s) kicked open her back door and ransacked the interior of her apartment. A sum of currency was missing from her purse.
- A resident reported that at 2:30 p.m. she was walking near the east Jos. Campau alley near Trowbridge when an unknown male wearing a knee length black coat and ski mask ran by and grabbed her black brief case containing miscellaneous documents. The suspect fled westbound across Jos. Campau into the west alley.
Monday, January 7
- At 12:41 a.m. a woman was placed under arrest in the 11300 block of Lumpkin after pulling a knife on another woman.
- At 11:22 a.m. an agent for a business reported that one of his payroll checks had been altered.
- At 11:28 a.m. two subjects were interviewed regarding a stolen vehicle they were attempting to register at the Secretary of State office. The vehicle was impounded and a suspect was named in the report.
- At 11:44 a.m. a Lehman resident reported being assaulted by her child’s father.
- A man was placed under arrest at Halleck and Mackay for absconding parole at 1:30 p.m.
- An agent of a business in the 9500 block of Jos. Campau turned over a check that he found inside the business at 3:40 p.m.
- Officers placed a male under arrest for domestic violence in the 12000 block of Charest at 3:55 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Dequindre and Caniff at 5:44 p.m.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Neibel reported a B&E between 11 p.m. on 1/6 and 7:45 p.m. on this date.
- A Yemans resident reported that while walking in the area of Jos. Campau and Holbrook a black male, approximately 5’6″, 18-20-years old and wearing a black coat over a hooded sweatshirt, pointed a gun at him. The victim turned over his cellular phone and the suspect fled the scene westbound on Holbrook at 7:58 p.m.
- At 11:50 p.m. a man was placed under arrest during a traffic stop for possession with intent to deliver and driving with a suspended license as detailed in the report.
Tuesday, January 8
- At 5:17 a.m. a woman reported that two black males (one wearing a black jacket and one wearing a plaid jacket) attempted to get into her vehicle as she was warming it up in the 12000 block of Mitchell. The suspects fled the scene on foot.
- At 7:45 a.m. a male was arrested after a traffic stop at Dequindre and Caniff for driving with a suspended license and not possessing proper insurance
- At 10:19 a.m. a male was arrested in the 12000 block of Sobieski for domestic assault.
- At 11:31 a.m. a male was arrested in the 12100 block of Conant for assault and battery, obstructing justice and disorderly conduct
- At 12:20 p.m. a woman reported that her boyfriend assaulted her in the 2300 block of Wyandotte. He fled the area.
- An officer was provided fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Conant and Caniff at 4 p.m.
- A resident of the 1900 block of Yemans stated that as she was exiting her vehicle a thin, 6’ tall black male of about 20 years of age, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and a white scarf over his face pointed a black handgun at her. The suspect stole a purse containing two phones, keys and a wallet and attempted to steal the victim’s vehicle but was scared off by a male witness. The male witness chased the suspect to Yemans and Dequindre, where a small red car picked the suspect up at 6:43 p.m.
- A male reported to the station that while he was driving at Caniff and Conant at 7:12 p.m. a black male in a silver sedan suddenly stopped in front of him. The male opened the victim’s door and struck him several times with a closed fist while yelling about the victim’s driving etiquette. Hamtramck EMS treated the victim at the station.
- A resident of the 12000 block of Sobieski reported a black male, approximately 6′ tall and 20-years-old, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, a grey knit cap/black scarf covering his face and “skinny” jeans pointed a black handgun at him and stated “give me everything.” The suspect fled southbound on Sobieski then westbound on Commor with approximately $40 in currency at 10:02 p.m.