Crime Log …11/16/12
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime log covers Thursday, November 8 through Monday, November 12. It’s a little shorter than usual, but that’s because we wanted to leave plenty to talk about next week over Thanksgiving dinner.
Thursday, November 8
- At officer was presented a fraudulent insurance certificate during a traffic stop.
- A crash occurred at Holbrook and Brombach.
- At 3:22 p.m. an officer placed a man under arrest after a traffic stop showed him to be driving without a license or valid insurance.
- At 10:32 p.m. an agent for a gas station in the 9200 block of Conant reported he was assaulted and some property was damaged during an altercation with an Arabic male.
Friday, November 9
- At 12:28 a.m. a male was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Botsford. A search warrant to obtain a blood sample was issued after the man refused a breathalyzer test.
- At 2:53 a.m. a male was arrested for an open intoxicant and operating under the influence during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Botsford.
- At 3:37 a.m. three subjects were placed under arrest on I-75 near Clay after a traffic stop showed them to be in possession of suspected narcotics and a handgun.
- At 6:47 a.m. a man from the 3200 block of Hanley reported the theft of his vehicle.
- At 8:34 a.m. a man reported the theft of his vehicle from Brombach and Trowbridge.
- At 8:40 a.m. another man reported the theft of his vehicle from Brombach and Trowbridge.
- At 10:15 a woman entered the station and reported she was assaulted on 11/8/2012.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred at Yemans and Buffalo.
- At 4 p.m. an officer recovered a girl’s blue Huffy Dream Journey bicycle from the 2300 block of Whalen.
- At 7:30 p.m. a woman in the 3900 block of Yemans reported someone attempted to break into her home through her front door.
- At 10:05 p.m. a man from the 12000 block of Gallagher reported someone attempted to gain entry into his home through an open window.
- At 10:31 p.m. a woman reported three unknown males broke her bedroom window.
Saturday, November 10
No report was issued for this date.
Sunday, November 11
- At 1:42 a.m. a male was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct at Lumpkin and Caniff.
- At 3:46 a.m. a female was placed under arrested for malicious destruction of property in the 11300 block of Sobieski.
- At 10:24 a.m. a woman reported her niece as a runaway. At 11:22 a.m. the girl returned home.
- At 10:39 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) damaged her back gate in the 2700 block of Evaline on 11/9 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Holmes reported her 2006 Chevy Malibu was broken into and ransacked at approximately 9:30 a.m.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Holmes reported that an unknown person(s) broke into her Chrysler Town & Country and stole her Michigan driver’s license around 12:30 p.m.
Monday, November 12
- At 1:12 a.m. a man was arrested for driving without a license and a Wayne County felony warrant during a traffic stop at Caniff and Dyer.
- At 2:21 a.m. a man was arrested for public intoxication and for a Hamtramck warrant by an officer who was investigating a disorderly male. The man was also issued a violation for obstruction.
- At 7:45 a.m. a woman reported that a black male wearing black pants and a grey hooded sweatshirt, approximately 5’10″ with a full beard and about 30 years old, robbed her at gunpoint in the 11400 block of Charest.
- At 9 a.m. a male was arrested at Detroit Northeast Police Station on a Hamtramck warrant.
- An officer was presented fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Casmere at 11:04 a.m.
- At noon a male was arrested at the Dickerson Detention Center on a Hamtramck warrant.
- A resident of the 3000 block of Jacob reported finding an unknown suspect attempted to kick in her rear door between 4:20 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- A Yemans resident was placed under arrest at Caniff and Klinger for two outstanding 31st District warrants at 4:36 p.m.
- A Harper Woods resident was placed under arrest for two Hamtramck warrants and driving without a license during a traffic stop at Dequindre and Woodland at 6:47 p.m.