Crime Log …11/23/12
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s daily crime reports span from Nov. 13 to Nov. 19.
Tuesday, November 13
- At midnight a resident of the 2600 block of Holmes reported the break-in of his vehicle parked in front of his residence.
- At 7 a.m. a man was placed under arrest at Oakland County Jail on a Hamtramck warrant.
- About 9:48 a.m. an investigator from DPD entered the station and reported possible criminal sexual conduct.
- At about 10 a.m. a report regarding a possible fraudulent insurance certificate was made by the City Attorney.
- At 12:40 p.m. a Hamtramck resident from Goodson St. was transferred to Detroit Receiving Hospital for committal.
- Two Iowa residents were issued Dog at Large tickets after two dogs escaped their bus in front of a house in the 9500 block of Gallagher at 4 p.m.
- A Jacob resident reported that he was assaulted in the 9100 block of Conant by a black male, described as tall, husky and on a bicycle, after he honked his horn at same person for riding in the middle of Conant at 4:20 p.m.
- The owner of a house in the 3200 block of Lehman reported copper plumbing stolen from the basement within the last two days.
- An officer recovered a Dearborn resident’s purse from the 9400 block of Charest. Dearborn Police were contacted to notify the owner of its whereabouts.
- A Selfridge resident was placed under arrest for driving without a license and providing false information to an officer during a traffic stop at Caniff and Nagel at 6:48 p.m.
- Two mutual combatants were placed under arrest in the 3000 block of Jacob on a 31st District Court warrants.
- A citizen turned over a key ring containing nine keys and a silver clip recovered on the floor in City Hall near the treasurer’s office. It was tagged for safekeeping.
Wednesday, November 14
- A crash occurred at Evaline and Buffalo.
- At 1:38 p.m. an officer discovered an open garage door in the 2700 block of Trowbridge. No one was found inside.
- A crash occurred at Comstock and Buffalo.
- A woman was arrested for operating while intoxicated with a high BAC and fleeing and eluding.
- At 3:22 a.m. a male and female were arrested for aggravated domestic assault after an altercation in the 2600 block of Yemans.
- A crash occurred at Caniff and Conant.
- A crash occurred at Norwalk and Buffalo.
- At 4:38 p.m. a man from the 11600 block of Sobieski reported someone broke into his home through a basement window and stole property from inside.
- At 11:58 p.m. two women reported they were assaulted by one of the women’s husband at a house in the 2000 block of Trowbridge.
Thursday, November 15
- At 12:26 a.m. a woman from the 11300 block of Nagel reported someone stole her vehicle while it was parked near her home.
- At 1:15 p.m. an officer placed a man under arrest after a traffic stop showed him to be driving with a suspended license and to be in possession of suspected narcotics.
- At 1:25 p.m. a woman reported identity theft.
- At 1:34 p.m. officers placed a man under arrest after he stole another person’s cell phone. The cell phone was tagged into evidence.
- At 4:48 p.m. a woman reported her brother missing.
- At 5:20 p.m. a woman from the 2300 block of Casmere reported someone damaged a window of her home.
- At 5:44 p.m. a woman from the 12000 block of Lumpkin reported her former husband was on her front porch in violation of a personal protection order. The suspect was gone upon arrival.
- At 11:48 p.m. the woman from the day before reported her brother had returned safely.
Friday, November 16
- At 1:04 a.m. an officer placed a man under arrest after a traffic stop showed him to be driving with a suspended license and to have an expired plate on the vehicle.
- At 2:38 a.m. officers placed a woman under arrest on a Hamtramck warrant.
- At 8:55 a.m. a man from the 11400 block of Fleming reported a window in his residence broken by an unknown person.
- At 10:45 a.m. a woman entered the station and reported that person(s) unknown had used one of her checks fraudulently.
- At 2 p.m. a woman entered the station and reported the theft of her vehicle from Dyar.
- A crash occurred at Jos. Campau and Poland.
- At 5:22 p.m. a man reported his car stolen from Jacob.
- A crash occurred at Commor and Klinger.
Saturday, November 17
- At 3:33 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest following a traffic stop.
- At 9:15 a.m. officers investigated the theft of property from the 12000 block of Selfridge.
- A Highland Park resident was placed under arrest for driving with a suspended license during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Commor at 4:07 p.m.
- A Belmont resident reported the theft of her wallet after she left it on the counter of a store in the 9000 block of Jos. Campau at 4:40 p.m.
- Officers took an assault report in the 11300 block of Lumpkin at 8:36 p.m.
- Officers took a report of domestic violence in the 3300 block of Edwin at 9:25 p.m.
- At 11:40 p.m. officers took an armed robbery report.
Sunday, November 18
- At 1:51 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct.
- At 3:20 a.m. officers issued an MLCC violation to an establishment on Conant St.
- At 7:55 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for not possessing proper insurance following a traffic stop.
- At 11:49 p.m. a male was arrested in the 2200 block of Bernard after his child’s mother reported he had assaulted her. He was also issued a violation for obstruction.
Monday, November 19
- At 4:58 a.m. a man reported a break-in to his business in the 8500 block of Jos. Campau. Nothing appeared missing at that time.
- At around 4:42 a.m. officers responded to an alarm in the 3600 block of Caniff and discovered that person(s) unknown had broken a glass entry door, entered, and stolen some property.
- At 5:45 a.m. officers were dispatched to the 8500 block of Jos. Campau and discovered that person(s) unknown broke a front door window.
- At 8:23 a.m. a woman from the 11300 block of Conant reported the theft of her 2003 Ford.
- At 10:38 a.m. a woman entered the station and reported a mentally impaired adult was missing from the 12100 block of Moran.
- At 12:43 p.m. officers responded to a break-in that was in progress in the 2600 block of Zinow and discovered that person(s) unknown kicked in the rear entrance.
- At 2:04 p.m. a man entered the station and reported receiving harassing communications.
- An agent of a business in the 12100 block of Conant reported a female attempted to cash a counterfeit check at around 3 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Jos. Campau and Holbrook at 5:27 p.m.
- At 7 p.m. a Botsford resident reported that while walking near Charest and Caniff he was robbed at gun point by three black males. The suspects were described as 25-30-years-old, with dark complexions and black braided hair. One was wearing a gray hoodie and another was wearing a blue/black checkered hoodie. They fled the scene with a wallet and iPhone.
- At 7:20 p.m. Trowbridge resident reported while walking in the 9400 block of Charest a black male hit him in the face with a handgun and stole $10.00. The suspect fled southbound on Charest on foot to a waiting “small passenger car.”