Crime Log … 11/30/12
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log review police reports from Nov. 20 through Nov. 27.
Tuesday, November 20
- At 12:30 a.m. a subject was issued an ordinance violation for urinating in public.
- At 1:09 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest on an outstanding Hamtramck police warrant.
- At 1 a.m. Brownstown Police Department recovered a vehicle reported stolen in Hamtramck.
- At 8:18 a.m. w woman was placed under arrest during a traffic stop when a records check revealed a suspended license and an outstanding warrant.
- At 11:25 a.m. officers cited a driver for presenting a fraudulent insurance certificate.
- At 1:27 p.m. a man entered the station and reported a case of fraud.
- A female was placed under arrest at Lincoln Juvenile Hall on three 31st District Warrants at 3:55 p.m.
- A Detroit resident supplied an officer with counterfeit Geico Insurance during a traffic stop at Dequindre and Belmont at 4:34 p.m.
- A teacher in the 11400 block of Conant reported three juveniles stole $60 in cash from her purse at approximately 5 p.m.
- A Detroit resident was placed under arrest for driving with a suspended license, violating the knife ordinance and possession of marijuana during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Casmere.
- At 7:24 p.m. a resident of the 2600 block of Casmere reported observing two black males fleeing from her vehicle. When she looked at her vehicle it had a shattered windshield.
- An agent of a store in the 9000 block of Jos. Campau reported a black male, 6-foot, wearing a gray vest over black clothing, fled the store without paying for diapers.
- A Belmont resident reported the theft of his cellular phone from his vehicle parked at Jos. Campau and Caniff. He then contacted the station and stated that he had found his phone underneath his seat.
Wednesday, November 21
- At 12:16 a.m. a woman in the 3100 block of Jacob, reported person(s) unknown threw a rock through the window of her residence.
- A Dequindre resident was arrested for obstructing police and violating the knife ordinance by officers investigating a retail fraud at Jos. Campau and Hanley at 1:40 p.m.
- A Dwyer resident was placed under arrest for a 31st District Warrant during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Holmes at 4:10 p.m.
- Officers investigated a sexual assault of a juvenile near Dorothy and Conant at 4:33 p.m.
- At 10:51 p.m. a woman in the 11700 block of Sobieski reported her basement window broken out and said and she observed two unknown persons running from the area.
Thursday, November 22
- At 2 a.m. a male was arrested for assault after it was reported he threatened to assault his mother’s boyfriend with a hammer.
- At 3 a.m. a male was arrested for domestic assault after assaulting his girlfriend in the 11400 block of Klinger. She was subsequently arrested for interfering at the scene.
- At 3:23 p.m. a man reported his vehicle stolen from Jos. Campau and Goodson.
Friday, November 23
- At 2:30 a.m. police received a message from Michigan State Police in Flint that they had recovered a 2001 Chrysler that was stolen in Hamtramck. It was towed to Louie’s towing and a message was left for the owner.
- At 3:05 a.m. a woman reported she was assaulted by a man during an argument in the 5100 block of Yemans.
- At 5:36 a.m. an officer recovered a recently stolen 1996 Plymouth at Mackay and Carpenter. The owner was notified and was not aware that it was stolen.
- At 7 a.m. a man from the 3200 block of Hanley reported person(s) unknown forced entry and stole property.
- At 1:50 p.m. a woman from the 2600 block of Neibel reported repeatedly being harassed by her neighbor.
- At 3:10 p.m. a woman from the 3000 block of Evaline reported she hadn’t seen her neighbor recently.
Saturday, November 24
- At 3:43 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for possession of burglary tools and obstruction of justice.
- At 8 a.m. a man reported being robbed by two unknown black males carrying an unknown weapon at Roosevelt near Gallagher.
- At 8:15 p.m. a victim came into the station stating she was assaulted by her former boyfriend in the area of Jos. Campau and Yemans at approximately 4 p.m.
- At 8:21 p.m. a subject was placed under arrest following a traffic stop.
- At 10:39 p.m. officers discovered fraudulent insurance following traffic stop.
- At 11:09 p.m. a resident of the 9400 block of Conant reported the theft of items from his vehicle.
Sunday, November 25
- At 1:10 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest on a Hamtramck felony warrant.
- At 11:45 a.m. a woman reported that her boyfriend assaulted her and threatened her with a knife.
Monday, November 26
- At 6:17 a.m. an employee of a business in the 9100 block of Vincent reported that an unknown person(s) broke into the business’ trucks between 6 p.m. on Nov. 21 and 6 a.m. on Nov. 26.
- At 8:15 a.m. a DPW employee located a BB gun in the trash can in front of City Hall.
- At 1:44 p.m. a juvenile was arrested on an outstanding Wayne County 3rd Circuit escape warrant.
- A Detroit resident was placed under arrest after officers located a handgun and several containers of suspected marijuana during a traffic stop at Fleming and Holmes at 9 a.m.
- A resident of the 5100 block of Yemans reported the theft of his red ’94 Honda Accord between 6 p.m. on 11/25 and 8:30 a.m. today.
- A juvenile reported a 25-year-old white male with short blonde hair, a black t-shirt and black boots attempted to grab him while in the 2400 block of Denton at 3:34 p.m. Suspect fled in an older Dodge Ram pickup truck.
- A Dyar resident was placed under arrest for a 31st District warrant during a traffic stop at Carpenter and Nagel at 4:15 p.m.
- An officer was provided fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Hanley at 9:22 p.m.
- At 9:23 p.m. a resident in the 2600 block of Trowbridge reported being assaulted.
- At 10 p.m. a subject was placed under arrest at Conant and Caniff for retail fraud and disorderly conduct.
Tuesday, November 27
- At 10:28 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) broke into a house on the 2200 block of Florian between Nov. 25 and today’s date.
- At 11:59 a.m. an agent for Child Protective Services reported a sexual assault in the 2200 block of Evaline
- At 12:33 p.m. a woman reported that her ex-boyfriend assaulted her in the 2200 block of Danforth.
- A Detroit resident was placed under arrest for driving with a suspended license during a traffic stop at Gallagher and Caniff at 2:37 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Jos. Campau and Belmont at 5:18 p.m.
- A hit-and-run accident occurred in front of a house in the 3300 block of Edwin. An unknown vehicle fled the scene at 9:54 p.m.
Wednesday, November 28
- At 7:12 a.m. a person reported the theft of a lap top computer from the 9100 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 8:26 a.m. a fraudulent insurance certificate was presented to a traffic officer.
- At about 9 a.m. a woman was placed under arrest for malicious destruction of property in the 3300 block of Holbrook.
- A crash occurred at Gallagher and Caniff at 2:29 p.m.