Crime Log …1/18/13
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Wednesday, January 9 through Monday, January 14.
Wednesday, January 9
- At 12:44 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for driving with a suspended license following a traffic stop.
- At 2 a.m. a subject placed under arrest following a traffic investigation.
- At 4:29 a.m. a man was arrested at Jos. Campau and Trowbridge for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated
- At 7:07 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) attempted to steal his 2007 Chrysler Town & Country from the 2300 block of Hewitt.
- At 7:57 a.m. a woman passed fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Gallagher and Doremus.
- At 8 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took two chainsaws out of his Dodge Caravan between 4 p.m. on 1/8 and 7:45 a.m. on 1/9.
- At 8:42 a.m. a man was arrested for driving with a suspended license and not possessing proper insurance after a traffic stop at Charest and Carpenter.
- At 9:02 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) took her 1998 Chrysler Town & County.
- At 10:12 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his 1994 Dodge Intrepid between 4 p.m. on 1/8 and 9:30 a.m. on 1/9.
- At 11:18 a.m. a man was arrested for a Hamtramck warrant after a traffic stop at Dequindre and Caniff.
- At 11:54 a.m. a woman reported that a white male wearing a red sweatshirt took her purse at Flemming and Commor.
- A traffic accident occurred at Yemans and Jos. Campau.
- At 1:32 p.m. a woman passed fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Caniff and Fleming.
- A resident of the 3300 block of Norwalk reported the theft of his white 2004 Buick Rendezvous at 3:34 p.m. The vehicle was left running in front of his residence.
- A traffic accident occurred at Caniff and Conant at 4:20 p.m.
- The family of a 70-year-old white man reported him missing since 10:20 a.m. on this date from the 3000 block of Evaline after he left for a walk. He was last seen wearing a blue coat with a “big zipper,” brown sweater and black jeans. He is 5’6” and 128 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.
- A Jacob resident reported he was walking at Jacob and Gallagher at 6 p.m. on 1/8/13 when a tall black male, approximately 25 years-old, and about 215 pounds, struck up a conversation. After talking with him the black male then struck him across his right cheek with a fist and stole his iPhone and wallet.
- A resident of the 2300 block of Edwin reported a passenger side window on her 1998 Plymouth was broken out at approximately 9 p.m.
- At 11:50 p.m. an officer verified the return of a missing person.
Thursday, January 10
- At 12:30 a.m. subjects were placed under arrest following a traffic stop
- At 7:15 a.m. a man was arrested for domestic assault in the 12000 block of Selfridge.
- At 10:41 a.m. a woman was arrested after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Faber.
- A traffic accident occurred at Commor and Mackay.
- At approximately 4:28 p.m. an Oklahoma Street resident came into the station stating a party known to her stole items listed in the report.
- At approximately 5:09 p.m. a party was placed under arrest after a short investigation at Caniff and Klinger.
- At approximately 5:17 p.m. a Grand Haven resident turned over some spent shell casings.
- At approximately 6 p.m. the DPW was called in to clean-up the booking room.
Friday, January 11
- At 1:20 a.m. a business in the 8800 block of Jos. Campau reported the destruction of a front door.
- At 1:41 p.m. a man had suspected marijuana on him during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Yemans.
- At 3 p.m. a Gallagher resident came into the station seeking advice on a missing child. After a brief investigation it was determined not to be a missing child but a custody issue.
- At 3:18 p.m. a Florian resident called for assistance with her son. After a brief investigation officers transported the child to children hospital.
- At 11:31 p.m. two males were arrested for assault with intent to murder after a male was shot in the hand during an altercation in the 12000 block of Oklahoma.
- An unknown vehicle struck a business wall while driving in the alley.
Saturday, January 12
- At 12:19 p.m. a woman reported that her ex-husband tried to break into her house in the 3300 block of Comstock.
- At 3:34 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest in the 2200 block of Danforth for domestic violence.
- At 4 a.m. a man was arrested at the Livonia Police Department on a Hamtramck warrant.
- At 9 a.m. a woman reported that her boyfriend possibly took items out of her house in the 5200 block of Evaline.
- At 12 p.m. two men made cross complaints of each making threats against each other.
- A Pulaski resident found a purse on her back porch.
- At 3:17 p.m. a McDougall resident stated she was assaulted by a black female using a cane in the area of Jos. Campau and Belmont.
- At approximately 3:22 p.m. officers were dispatched to the area of Caniff and Conant regarding a female with a knife attempting to kill herself. Officers located the party and after an investigation she was committed.
- At approximately 3:20 p.m. a Yemans resident stated an unknown white male broke out his rear driver side window after a brief exchange of words.
- At 4:04 p.m. a person was arrested in the 12000 block of Dequindre for assault with intent to murder.
- At approximately 4:25 p.m. a Charest resident stated someone broke her antenna and license light sometime in the morning.
- At approximately 4:45 p.m. officers were dispatched to the area of Danforth regarding two juveniles with guns. Officers located two parties matching the description and after a investigation arrested them.
- At approximately 5:36p.m. officers arrested a party for breaking out a business window at Jos. Campau and Faber.
- At approximately 7:39 p.m. officers were dispatched to Mackay and Botsford where a Zinow resident stated a suspect stole her ring and fled on foot.
Sunday, January 13
- At 12:39 a.m. a resident in the 2900 block of Hanley reported the theft of a vehicle parked in front of his residence.
- At 2:04 a.m. a Ferndale resident reported her 1999 Chrysler stolen from in front of a building in the 11400 block of Conant.
- At 5:29 a.m. a Yemans resident reported that her boyfriend assaulted her and stole her handgun
- At 9:21 a.m. a Norwalk resident was committed at Detroit Receiving Hospital Crisis Center.
- At 11:19 a.m. a Berkley resident reported that his vehicle was stolen while parked in the 3900 block of Caniff.
- At 12:14 p.m. a McDougall street resident was arrested on a Hamtramck Income Tax Warrant.
- A resident of the 2300 block of Andrus reported a package stolen off of her porch at approximately 3:30 p.m. on 1/12.
- A Detroit resident reported that she was assaulted by a male named in the report at approximately 3:20 p.m. at Caniff and Jos. Campau.
- A Trowbridge resident was placed under arrest after agents of a business in the 10200 block of Jos. Campau observed him attempt to leave the store without paying for items at 3:54 p.m.
- Detroit Police notified the station of a carjacking that occurred in the 12700 block of Gallagher at approximately 8:10 p.m. A 2001 white Pontiac Montana was taken at gunpoint by two black males with long guns. The vehicle fled into Hamtramck.
- At 9:53 p.m. two parties reported to officers that they had been robbed and assaulted by 4 black males, 1 armed with a shotgun, at the PNC Bank ATM machine. $500 in cash was taken. All of the suspects were approximately 5’8”, approximately 25-30-years old, and all were wearing all black clothing. The crime occurred at 8:30 p.m.
Monday, January 14
- At 12:16 a.m. a woman reported that person(s) unknown attempted to steal her 1997 Jeep Cherokee between 10 p.m. on 1/13/13 and 12 a.m. on 1/14/13 while it was parked in front of a house in the 11400 block of Moran.
- At 12:35 a.m. a different Jeep Cherokee which was parked in the Hamtramck Plaza lot was impounded for safe keeping, after an officer observed that the vehicle had damages consistent with stolen vehicles.
- At 12:47 a.m. officers issued a noise ordinance ticket to a resident in the 12000 block of Grand Haven.
- At 1:23 a.m. officers had Hamtramck EMS transport a man from a bar on Jos. Campau to Detroit Receiving Hospital for a possible drug overdose.
- At 7:08 a.m. a resident reported her 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix was stolen from the 2900 block of Lehman.
- At 7:43 a.m. a resident reported his 2004 Chrysler Sebring was stolen from the 2200 block of Norwalk.
- At 10:13 a.m. a Gallagher street resident reported that a DTE account was opened in her juvenile step-daughter’s name. A suspect was named in the report.
- At 1:20 p.m. an agent for a business on Jos. Campau reported that a person named in the report paid for items twice with checks that are for an account with insufficient funds.
- At 2:10 p.m. an agent for a restaurant on Jos. Campau reported getting death threats on the telephone from an unknown male.
- A driver was cited for fail to yield pedestrian and failing to stop after he struck a pedestrian at Jos. Campau and Jacob and left the scene at 3:55 p.m. The pedestrian was not injured.
- An agent of a business in the 3100 block of Carpenter reported her purse was stolen from a reception area between 1 and 3 p.m.
- A resident from the 11500 block of Fleming reported a suspect named in the report stole his car keys at 6:43 p.m.
- An Edwin resident reported that while walking in the area of Belmont and Brombach at 7 p.m. a red four-door Pontiac with tinted taillights stopped beside him. A black male with a shotgun, approximately 6’ tall and 20-years-old, and a black male with a dark mask and pistol, approximately 5’6” and 20-years-old, exited the vehicle and told him to remove his jacket. They then ransacked his pockets and took his black North Face jacket, a Blackberry phone and a house key. The vehicle fled eastbound on Belmont.