Crime Log …12/7/12
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Thursday, November 29 through Tuesday, December 4.
Thursday, November 29
- Officers responded to an address in the 12000 block of Grand Haven to assist a citizen.
- A crash occurred on Holmes near Jos. Campau.
- At 11:30 a.m. officers investigated a unsecure building at 11407 Klinger
- A resident of the 3800 block of Prescott reported the break-in of his garage between midnight and 6:30 a.m. Miscellaneous hand tools were taken.
- An agent of a business in the 9200 block of Jos. Campau reported a female named in the report fled the store with two 12-packs of Bounty without paying.
- A female was placed under arrest in the 5100 block of Yemans after she threatened a male with a knife at 5:14 p.m.
- A Mt. Elliot resident was placed under arrest for a 31st District Warrant and driving on a suspended license during a traffic stop at Roosevelt and Gallagher at 5:15 p.m.
- Officers placed a male under arrest for domestic assault in the 3400 block of Holbrook 9:09 p.m.
- Officers took a report of domestic assault in the 2400 block of Grayling at 9:50 p.m.
- Officers found an open door in the 12100 block of Klinger and discovered the house was vacant with several radiators missing. The house was secured at 10:05 p.m.
- While checking the house on Klinger officers found an open door at an adjacent property. Officers cleared the house and secured it.
Friday, November 30
- At 12:13 p.m. a man was placed under arrest by officers investigating a suspicious situation.
- At 12:15 p.m. a female teacher reported she was assaulted by a juvenile student.
- At 2:45 p.m. a Warren resident provided fraudulent insurance during traffic stop.
- A resident in the 1900 block of Edwin stated someone forced entry into her home and stole property.
- At 4:20 p.m. a man was placed under arrest after being called to a rental property on Lumpkin.
- At 6:48 p.m. a man was placed under arrest after an investigation.
- At 7 p.m. a man stated that two suspects who were known to him showed up in front of his residence, made threats and also produced a handgun.
- At 10:13 p.m. officers placed a man under arrest in the 12100 block of Moran for domestic violence.
Saturday, December 1
- At 1 a.m. a fraudulent insurance report was completed after a woman was stopped for a traffic violation on Jos. Campau and Commor.
- At 3:34 a.m. hours a man was placed under arrest for driving on a revoked driver’s license while stopped on Nagel and Caniff for a traffic stop.
- At 10:07 a.m. a man was arrested for driving on a revoked license at Roosevelt and Jos. Campau.
- At 12:52 p.m. the DPW was notified of a biohazard in cell #14.
- At 7 p.m. a woman reported she was assaulted by a man known to her in the 5100 block of Yemans. Suspect was gone upon arrival.
- At 7:57 p.m. two men reported being robbed at gunpoint by two black male suspects while in the Queens of Apostles parking lot. The suspects were described as 20-30 years old, about 5’7″ tall, both with thin builds and wearing hats.
- At 11:30 p.m. officers took a report for malicious destruction of property in the 2400 block of Faber.
- Also at 11:30 p.m., a resident of the 2300 block of Whalen came to station to report the malicious destruction of property.
Sunday, December 2
- At 1 a.m. Michigan State Police conveyed a prisoner to the station on a Hamtramck Police Department Warrant for fraudulent insurance.
- At 10:29 a.m. a stolen ’02 Dodge Caravan from Warren, was recovered in the 3000 block of Evaline. Warren Police were notified of the recovery.
- At 10:30 a.m. a woman stated that an unknown person took her ’01 Buick Regal, plate: CLU6465 from the 2300 block of Andrus.
- A Belmont resident reported the theft of her purse from her unsecured vehicle at Jos. Campau and Edwin at approximately 2:30 p.m. the previous day.
- A Sterling Heights resident reported the theft of his 2000 Dodge Caravan Silver, plate: CCL5612, from in front of a house in the 2400 block of Grayling.
- A resident of the 2200 block of Bernard reported a suspect known to her broke the passenger side mirror from her ’96 Ford Mustang at approximately 3:30 a.m.
- A Caely resident was placed under arrest for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated from alcohol by an officer investigating a crash at Gallagher and Evaline at 7:04 p.m.
Monday, December 3
- At 12:26 a.m. an officer impounded a vehicle following a traffic stop.
- At 9:26 a.m. two males were arrested in the 12100 block of Jos. Campau for possessing open intoxicants. A Mercedes Benz was towed.
- A crash occurred at Jos. Campau and Holbrook at 10:58 a.m.
- At 11 a.m. officers were called to a school in the 3200 block of Caniff for a suspicious situation. Two students were detained for possibly selling drugs, but none were found.
- A crash occurred at Conant and Holbrook at 2:12 p.m.
- A juvenile was turned over to his parents after the same threw a rock through a Hamtramck School Bus window near Evaline and Charest at 3:27 p.m.
- An officer was given fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Conant and Harold at 3:43 p.m.
- A resident of the 11600 block of Moran reported a B&E between 12:30 p.m. and 4:50 p.m. Several electronic devices were stolen. Officers observed damage to the rear door.
- A Sobieski resident was placed under arrest after officers located him breaking into a house in the 11400 block of Sobieski at approximately 7:11 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Caniff and Nagel at 9 p.m.
- At 11:30 p.m. a resident from the 2200 block of Florian came to the station to make a Harassing Phone Call report.
Tuesday, December 4
- At 12:40 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for driving with a suspended license.
- At 8:46 a.m. a juvenile reported that she was robbed on the way to school at Casmere and Mitchell. The suspect is described as a black male with a beard, approximately 25-years-old, with a grey handgun. A Samsung 4G Nitro was taken.
- At 9:16 a.m. a male was arrested at 31st District Court for a Detroit Felony warrant.
- At 9 a.m. an agent of Hamtramck Housing reported that a woman took three items from a unit in the 12000 block of Selfridge when she moved out on 12/3.
- At 3 p.m. officers responded to a residence on Dequindre for a welfare check. Officers entered and found the homeowner deceased.
- At 5:37 p.m. a woman reported that her residence on Holbrook was broken into and several items were missing.