Crime Log …2/15/13
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s crime log covers Wednesday, February 6 through Tuesday, February 12.
Wednesday, February 6
- At 8:54 p.m. on 2/5/13 two subjects were placed under arrest for breaking and entering and auto theft.
- At 12:25 a.m. an agent of a market in the 3300 block of Caniff reported retail fraud.
- At 12:33 a.m. a subject was conveyed to Detroit Receiving Hospital Crisis Center for committal.
- At 7:55 a.m. a man was arrested for driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop at Roosevelt and Jos. Campau.
- At 10:31 a.m. a man reported that another man attempted to cash a payroll check from a business in the 8800 block of Conant. The business agent reported that the other man does not work for the company and the payroll check is not one that they issue.
- At 11:23 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) broke into her residence in the 2200 block of Bernard between 3 p.m. on 1/30 and 11 a.m. on 2/6. She believes it was her downstairs neighbor.
- A woman was placed under arrest for 31st District Court felony fraud warrants at 1:05 p.m.
- A Dearborn Heights resident was placed under arrest for public intoxication and obstructing police by officers performing a well-being check at Conant and Jacob at 2:18 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Fleming and Pulaski at 3:35 p.m.
- A Prescott resident reported that a white male in a silver minivan pointed a handgun at her during a traffic altercation at Jos. Campau and Holbrook on Sunday, 2/3/13 at 1:50 p.m.
- A juvenile reported he was assaulted at Edwin and Brombach at 4:38 p.m.
- A resident of the 3100 block of Belmont reported that an unknown suspect broke out his passenger side sliding door window between 7 and 8 a.m.
- A white 2008 Lexus RX350 was stolen from the Hamtramck Community Center after a suspect named in the police report pried open a locker and stole the keys to the car 5:08 p.m.
- An Eastpointe resident reported that he was struck on the face with a snowball thrown from a group of black males at Jos. Campau and Casmere at approximately 5:46 p.m.
- A West Bloomfield resident reported her catalytic converter was stolen from her car while it was parked in the 2300 block of Alice at approximately 6:15 p.m.
Thursday, February 7
- At 2:07 a.m. two subjects placed under arrest for obstruction of justice.
- At 8:06 a.m. a Detroit resident was placed under arrest for a Hamtramck felony warrant after a traffic stop at Ellery and Prescott.
- At 12:26 p.m. a Detroit resident was placed under arrest for a Hamtramck warrant after a traffic stop at Dequindre and Caniff.
- At 1:40 p.m. a Southfield resident was arrested at the Wayne County Jail for a Hamtramck traffic warrant.
- A resident of the 11300 block of Mitchell reported that a box of miscellaneous jewelry is missing from her residence and was possibly stolen by an agent of a moving company named in the report.
- A man was placed under arrest at Dickerson Detention Center for a 31st District Court warrant.
- A man was placed under arrest at Highland Park Police Department for a 31st District Court felony and misdemeanor warrant.
- A Belmont resident was placed under arrest after he broke into a shed in the 3800 block of Caniff at 2:15 p.m.
- A Ferry St. resident was placed under arrest after the same stole $30.74 worth of photographs from the printing kiosk at CVS pharmacy at 4:28 p.m.
Friday, February 8
- At 8:15 a.m. a deceased woman was found by her daughter in the 2300 block of Belmont.
- At 10:49 a.m. a female was arrested at Buffalo and Holbrook for not having a valid driver’s license.
- At 1:15 p.m. a man was arrested at the police station on a Hamtramck warrant.
- At 2 p.m. officers observed a traffic crash at Conant and Caniff in which the driver and passengers began to flee. After a short investigation five suspects were arrested for receiving and concealing a stolen car.
- At approximately 6:18 p.m. a business employee called the police stating that a customer had assaulted him and stolen his phone. After an investigation one subject was placed under arrest for strong-armed robbery.
- At 3 p.m. a victim came into the station claiming a vehicle struck his then fled. Victim was struck while stopped eastbound on Norwalk at Brombach. The suspect’s vehicle fled southbound on Brombach.
Saturday, February 9
- At 12:07 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest following an investigation.
- At 12:51 a.m. a complainant came to the station to make a harassment report.
- At 1:30 a.m. a reserve officer conveyed a prisoner from the Southfield Police Department to the Hamtramck Police Department on a 31st District Court felony warrant.
- At 5:50 a.m. a vehicle stolen from Wayne State University was recovered at I-75 and Caniff.
- At 8:25 a.m. a woman made a report about an unknown person(s) opening a Facebook account in her name and posting naked pictures of her.
- At 9:13 a.m. a male was arrested in the 2300 block of Neibel for domestic assault.
- At 11:38 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) broke into his property in the 3000 block of Caniff between 5 p.m. on 2/8 and 11 a.m. on 2/9.
- At approximately 9:20 p.m. a person stated his friend’s residence was broken into in the 12000 block of Charest. The door was damaged, but the victim is out of country so it was unknown what items were missing.
Sunday, February 10
- At 12:16 a.m. a resident in the 3400 block of Holbrook was placed under arrest for malicious destruction of property.
- At 12:20 a.m. a resident of the 3900 block of Dorothy reported her minor son missing.
- At 2:49 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic investigation.
- At 2:57 a.m. a person reported larceny while at an establishment in the 11000 block of Jos. Campau.
- A man was placed under arrest for a 31st District Court warrant during a traffic stop at Dequindre and Meade at 9:20 a.m.
- A male and female were placed under arrest for domestic violence as mutual combatants in the 2000 block of Belmont at 9:39 a.m.
- A man was placed under arrest for a 31st District warrant and improper plates during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Hewitt at 11:14 a.m.
- A resident of the 2300 block of Holmes reported the theft of his green 2009 Toyota Corolla Green by a party named in report.
- A Detroit resident was placed under arrest for a 31st District Court warrant, driving without a license and several other warrants during a traffic stop at Conant and Doremus at 8:36 p.m.
Monday, February 11
- A Walled Lake resident reported he was assaulted in the 10300 block of Conant at approximately 12:30 a.m. A suspect was named in the report.
- At 1:01 a.m. a man was placed under arrest during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Norwalk for driving without a license, not having insurance and obstruction of justice.
- A Detroit resident was placed under arrest for a felony warrant and providing false information after traffic stop.
- At 2:21 p.m. a Troy resident was placed under arrest at the Wayne County Jail on a Hamtramck warrant.
- A Detroit resident reported that while at a bar on Jos. Campau he was approached by three black males, approximately 20-30-years-old — one in a black hooded shirt, one in a grey hooded shirt, one in a black knee length coat who punched him and stole $1,000. Suspects fled southbound on foot in the west Jos. Campau alley at 2:24 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Conant and Missant at 3:26 p.m.
- At 10:25 p.m. a man was placed under arrest for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated after being involved in a car accident in the 2700 block of Trowbridge.
Tuesday, February 12
- At 8:46 a.m. a woman reported that a man known to her has been harassing her by phone and in person.
- At 9:07 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown male made threats to her over the phone at 4 p.m. on 2/7.
- At 10:30 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) attempted to take the catalytic converter off of his Buick Rendezvous in the 2400 block of Denton between 7:30 and 10 a.m.
- A Clinton Township resident reported the theft of her catalytic converter while it was parked in the 2400 block of Denton between 7:30 a.m. and noon.
- A Mitchell resident was placed under arrest for driving without a license and three 3rd Circuit warrants during a traffic stop at Brombach and Poland at 12:36 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Norwalk and Conant at 3:14 p.m.
- A St. Aubin resident reported her gold necklace was stolen approximately two weeks ago from inside of her residence by a suspect named in her report.
- A resident of the 9500 block of Conant reported the theft of his catalytic converter at approximately 9:36 p.m.
- Occupants of a white or light-gold colored 1984 Pontiac Parisienne/Brougham with a Michigan plate of “W1NNING” were observed stealing catalytic converters from the area of Conant and Norwalk by two different witnesses.