Crime Log …2/22/13
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Wednesday, February 13 through Tuesday, February 19.
Wednesday, February 13
- At midnight a person reported being assaulted at an establishment in the 11000 block of Conant.
- At 12:30 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop.
- At 2:46 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for improper insurance following a traffic stop.
- At 4:02 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for improper insurance following an investigation of same.
- At 7:30 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his 2004 Chevy Impala from in front the 3200 block of Trowbridge between 11 p.m. on 2/12 and 7 a.m. on 2/13.
- At 7:45 a.m. a female was arrested at Dequindre and Circle Drive for driving without a license and was wanted for arrest on a Hamtramck warrant.
- At 9:14 a.m. a male was arrested for driving without a license after a traffic stop at Carpenter and Nagel.
- At 10:51 a.m. a male was arrested for driving without a license and improper insurance after a traffic stop at Mackay and Carpenter.
- At 11 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) used her daughter’s Social Security number.
- A crash occurred at Mitchell and Casmere.
- At 11:52 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his 2004 Chrysler Sebring from in front of Commor and Jos. Campau between 4 p.m. on 2/12 and 11 a.m. on 2/13.
- On 02/12/2013 at approximately 2:33 p.m. a victim reported that her residence in the 2300 block of Whalen was burglarized.
- At approximately 4:06 p.m. one male was arrested for breaking and entering in the 11700 block of Sobieski.
- At approximately 4:20 p.m. a victim came into the station and reported that his cell phone was stolen from Kosciuszko Middle School.
- At approx 9:30 p.m. one male was arrested for a Hamtramck warrant at the Wayne County Jail.
- At 10:50 p.m. officers investigated a child custody dispute.
Thursday, February 14
- At 4:04 a.m. officers investigated the break-in of a business in the 12000 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 5:40 a.m. Michigan State Police recovered a vehicle stolen from Hamtramck.
- A crash occurred at Doremus and Conant.
- At 1:40 p.m. a female was arrested on a Hamtramck felony warrant at the station.
- At 4:42 p.m. a traffic arrest was made after a short investigation at Lumpkin and Hewitt.
Friday, February 15
- At 1:49 a.m. officers confiscated a license plate and issued citations following a traffic investigation.
- At 7:20 a.m. Child Protective Services was notified us of an alleged child abuse in the 2900 block of Roosevelt.
- Two police officers conducted locker checks at Kosciuszko Middle School and Hamtramck High School.
- At 11:10 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown male made threats against a business owner in the by phone.
- At 1 p.m. a man reported that he found his vehicle in the 3900 block of Talbot.
- A crash occurred at Caniff and Buffalo.
- A Redford Township resident reported that his car was stolen on Belmont near Conant.
- During a traffic stop at Commor and Nagel the driver was placed under arrest for not having a valid license.
- A citizen patrol member noticed that a Nagel residence had an open door and contacted the police after observing the males fleeing from the area. An officer checked the residence and observed no one inside.
- At 7:21 p.m. a Norwalk resident called stating that her neighbor was just assaulted. Units arrived and spoke to the victim, who was assaulted with a weapon.
Saturday, February 16
- Officers observed damage to the door of a residence in the 11300 block of Mitchell. There was no sign that entry was made.
- A man was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident.
- Officers discovered an open door in the 2200 block of Holbrook and secured it.
- A man was arrested after a traffic stop showed him to be driving without a license and to be carrying a four-inch knife.
- Two men were arrested for graffiti after they were observed spray painting numerous buildings near Jos. Campau and Florian.
- Three men were arrested on Hamtramck warrants after an investigation following a large fight in the 12000 block of Selfridge.
- A man was arrested after a traffic stop showed him to be parole absconder and driving without a license.
- A woman was arrested for malicious destruction of property after damaging property inside Club Aces.
- A man reported being assaulted and chased by a man with a knife after being thrown out of White Star.
- At 10:25 a.m. a woman reported that a man assaulted her in the 2200 block of Goodson after she told him she wanted him to move out.
- At 11:48 a.m. a male was arrested for a Hamtramck warrant at Holmes and Mackay.
- At approximately 2:46 p.m. a St. Aubin resident was found unresponsive. Shortly afterward the resident was pronounced deceased.
- At 6:30 p.m. a parked vehicle was struck near Gallagher and Norwalk. The suspected vehicle fled the scene.
- At 7:59 p.m. an Evaline resident reported that an unknown person broke his side mirror off his car sometime during the previous night.
- At 8:05 p.m. a fraudulent check was reported from a business in Hamtramck.
Sunday, February 17
- A Hamtramck Firefighter reported the theft of his iPad from the Fire Department.
- A Detroit resident was placed under arrest after a traffic stop showed him to have an expired license.
- A resident reported the theft of their Black GMC Yukon from their garage on Belmont. LEIN showed the vehicle had been impounded earlier in the night by the Detroit Police Department. Messages to DPD went unanswered.
- Three Detroit residents were placed under arrest after the driver was found to have a suspended license and marijuana was located in the vehicle.
- At approximately 5:10 p.m. a male was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated after a traffic stop at Danforth and Lumpkin. He also did not have proper insurance.
- At approximately 6:15 p.m. a male was arrested for obstructing justice and a felony warrant out of Taylor. While at the station, he attempted to drown himself in a toilet in a cell and was then transferred to Detroit Receiving Hospital for committal.
- At approx 9:19 p.m. a female complained of being harassed by neighbors. However, she was unable to identify the perpetrator(s).
Monday, February 18
- The copy machine at the police station was dead on arrival.
- A male was arrested for possession of narcotics after a traffic stop revealed marijuana in the vehicle.
- A male was arrested for breaking and entering, obstruction of justice, malicious destruction of property and minor in possession after he broke into a residence and broke out several windows. The subject was intoxicated and resisted arrest.
- A man reported being stabbed twice by an unknown black male after a verbal argument.
- A Highland Park resident was placed under arrest after a traffic stop showed him to have a valid Hamtramck warrant.
- At approximately 2:29 p.m. a victim reported that her residence in the 2600 block of Holmes was broken into.
- At approximately 5:30 p.m. a neighbor reported an open door in the 12000 block of Lumpkin. Officers were unable to clear the residence.
- At approximately 5:42 p.m. an officer tagged numerous medical supplies into found property after they were collected from the area of Casmere and Fleming.
- At 9 p.m. a victim reported his vehicle was broken into and items were stolen. The steering column was also damaged.
- At approximately 7:53 p.m. a male was arrested for possession of marijuana after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Whalen. Four small marijuana plants were confiscated and tagged into evidence.
Tuesday, February 19
- At 12:19 a.m. a man was placed under arrest for driving without a license during a traffic stop on northbound I-75 at Davison.
- At 2:46 a.m. two juveniles were placed under arrest for curfew violation at Jos. Campau and Florian.
- At 9:02 a.m. a male was arrested at Carpenter and McDougall for driving without a license and a Hamtramck warrant.
- At 9:23 a.m. a man passed fraudulent insurance to the city attorney while at Hamtramck 31st District Court.
- At 11:32 a.m. a male was arrested for domestic assault in the 1800 block of Commor.
- At 11:51 a.m. a woman stated that a man known to her assaulted her and took her 2006 Chrysler 300. He fled the area prior to officers arriving.
- At 12:19 p.m. a female was arrested for retail fraud after stealing items from a business in the 9100 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 1:14 p.m. a male was arrested for retail fraud in the 9300 block of Jos. Campau.
- At approximately 4:55 p.m. a victim, who is a resident of Hamtramck, came into the station and reported person(s) unknown to her have been using her debit card and making numerous purchases.
- At approx 5:10 p.m. a victim, who is a Hamtramck resident, reported person(s) unknown did open five cellular phone accounts in New York under their name.
- At approx 7:50 p.m. a victim reported that her vehicle was returned by the suspect, her boyfriend. However, he fled the scene before officers arrived.