Crime Log …2/8/13
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Tuesday, January 29 through Tuesday, February 5.
Tuesday, January 29
- At 12:15 a.m. a woman was placed under arrest for a Hamtramck 31st District Court misdemeanor warrant while stopped for traffic on Jos. Campau and Burnside.
- At 1:30 a.m. a man was placed under arrest at Jos. Campau and Caniff for a 31st District Court misdemeanor warrant and providing false information while officers were investigating a suspicious person.
- At 4:02 a.m. a man was placed under arrest in the 5000 block of Yemans for violating a restraining order.
- At 9:50 a.m. a woman passed fraudulent insurance to the city attorney at the district court.
- At 10:15 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown male wearing dark clothing grabbed her purse out of her vehicle while at a gas station in the 2000 block of Caniff.
- At 10:14 a.m. a man passed fraudulent insurance to the city attorney at the district court.
- At 10:52 a.m. a man passed fraudulent insurance to the city attorney at the district court.
- At noon a man reported that an unknown person(s) made a purchase without his permission at Best Buy for $455.
- A Farmington Hills resident presented fraudulent insurance in 31st District Court.
- An employee of a business in the 9400 block of Buffalo reported that she was assaulted by a co-worker at 3 p.m.
- A theft victim notified the station that his handgun was not stolen but slid under his car seat.
- A Detroit resident presented fraudulent Progressive insurance in 31st District Court.
- An Eastpointe resident was placed under arrest for driving with a suspended license during a traffic stop at Conant and Caniff at 3:30 p.m.
- A Detroit resident presented fraudulent Farm Bureau insurance in 31st District Court.
- An Andrus resident reported that while standing in the bus stop at Jos. Campau and Casmere and talking on his iPhone, a black male, approximately 5’5” and wearing a grey hoodie, ran up and grabbed his phone. The suspect fled southbound on Jos. Campau at 6:38 p.m.
- A resident of the 11600 block of Nagel reported unknown suspects kicked in her garage entry door between 6:30 p.m. on 1/28 and 6:30 p.m. on today’s date. Nothing appeared to be missing.
- Two juveniles were placed under arrest after they were observed “tagging” vehicles and buildings with spray paint in the area of Hanley and Jos Campau at 8:34 p.m. Parental Responsibility citations were issued.
Wednesday, January 30
- A Selfridge resident was transported to a hospital after barricading herself in her apartment and firing a rifle at officers.
- At 9:09 a.m. a man reported that former tenants at his rental property in the 9300 block of Dubios damaged the property when they vacated.
- At 9:47 a.m. a man was arrested for driving with a suspended license and a Hamtramck warrant after a traffic stop at Holbrook and Jos. Campau.
- An employee of Holbrook Elementary reported her purse was stolen from her classroom on 1/24.
- A 20-year-old male was placed under arrest after an investigation found he had consensual sex with a 14-year-old female at approximately 12:45 p.m.
- A male and female were placed under arrest after officers located them inside an unoccupied new-construction house at 6:26 p.m.
- A Lincoln Park resident reported the driver’s door lock and ignition were damaged on his 2005 Chrysler while it was parked in the 11400 block of Charest between 4:15 and 9:20 p.m.
- A Warren resident reported the left rear vent glass was broken out on her 2002 Jeep while it was parked in the 11400 block of Charest between 3 and 9:30 p.m.
Thursday, January 31
- At 11:47 p.m. officers responded to a domestic dispute in the 2700 block of Commor.
Friday, February 1
- At 10:52 a.m. a woman reported that a man known to her assaulted her in the 12000 block of Klinger.
Saturday, February 2
- At 1:15 a.m. a brown purse was recovered in the 9000 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 4:09 a.m. a resident of the 2200 block of Yemans reported larceny.
- At 9 a.m. a wallet found at Caniff and Charest was dropped off at the station.
- At approximately 2:14 p.m. a victim came into the station and reported that her vehicle was stolen while parked in front of her residence in the 2700 block of Evaline.
- A traffic accident occurred at Mackay and Casmere.
- At approximately 7:27 p.m. a man was placed under arrest in the 11300 block of McDougall for felony assault and domestic violence.
Sunday, February 3
- At 12:16 a.m. three subjects were placed under arrest for possession of cocaine and open intoxicants.
- At 12:16 a.m. a resident of the 11000 block of Mitchell reported a noise complaint.
- At 1:25 a.m. two subjects were placed under arrest for open intoxicants.
- At 1:30 a.m. officers responded to a disturbance in the 11400 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 10:02 a.m. a female was arrested at Carpenter and Fleming for not possessing proper insurance and disorderly conduct after a traffic stop.
- At 10:34 a.m. a male was arrested for open intoxicants and not possessing proper insurance at Buffalo and Doremus after being found disoriented in his vehicle.
- At 11:12 a.m. officers found an open door in the 10200 block of Jos. Campau. No one was found inside and everything appeared intact. ADT notified the owner because the back door was not able to be secured.
- At 3:09 p.m. officers responded to an open door in the 9700 block of Conant but found no one inside. ADT was notified and key holder made the scene securing same building.
- A pedestrian accident occurred at Caniff and Gallagher.
- At 11:48 p.m. a man was placed under arrest at Caniff and Lumpkin during a traffic stop after it was revealed that his license was suspended 45 times.
Monday, February 4
- At 12:54 a.m. a woman reported that her brother assaulted her in the 3400 block of Evaline.
- At 9:47 a.m. Warren Police recovered a stolen Hamtramck vehicle and turned it over to its owner.
- At 11:12 a.m. a Hamtramck resident produced fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Lehman and Conant.
- At 2:12 p.m. a Detroit resident was arrested at the Wayne County Jail for a Hamtramck warrant.
- An agent of Kosciuszko School reported six checks were missing from their office and one was reported cashed at a business in the 12100 block of Conant, by a suspect named in report.
- An officer transported an emaciated dog (a dark shepherd) to the Michigan Humane Society after he found it having difficulty walking at Lehman and Conant at 4:10 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Latham and Florian at 4:43 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Gallagher and Holbrook at 5:59 p.m. The officer on the scene was provided fraudulent Hannigan insurance.
- An Illinois resident was placed under arrest after he assaulted two Hamtramck females at Conant and Evaline at approximately 5:27 p.m.
- At 11:55 p.m. a man was placed under arrest during a traffic stop a Holbrook and Dubois, when it was revealed the driver’s license had been suspended 25 times and that he had a 31st District Court misdemeanor warrant.
Tuesday, February 5
- At 4:04 a.m. a man was detained and transported to Detroit Receiving Hospital and petitioned for commitment.
- At 8:04 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) broke into her Chevy Trailblazer in the 11800 block of Fleming between 9 p.m. on 2/4 and 8 a.m. on 2/5.
- At 9:42 a.m. a man passed fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Casmere.
- Throughout the day four people passed fraudulent insurance to the City Attorney at the district court.
- A Dearborn resident was placed under arrest for no operator’s license during a traffic stop at Caniff and Mackay at 5:12 p.m.