Crime Log …3/1/13
By Ian Perrotta
We’re tight on space this week, so here are the highlights from Wednesday, February 20 to Tuesday, February 26.
Wednesday, February 20
- At 9:57 p.m. a woman reported that she was receiving death threats from her ex-boyfriend.
- A wallet was turned into the desk as found property at 10:55 p.m.
Thursday, February 21
- At 1:10 a.m. a man was placed under arrest for possession of narcotics after officers investigated a disturbance.
- At 11:51 a.m. a man was arrested for driving with a suspended license, not possessing proper insurance and fleeing and eluding the police after a traffic stop was performed for a traffic violation at Carpenter and Jos. Campau. An officer pursued the suspects that fled. One suspect was able to escape, but one was later apprehended at McDougall and Lawley. His vehicle was towed and some marijuana was confiscated and tagged.
- At 1:07 p.m. a woman reported being assaulted by her boyfriend in the 2600 block of Trowbridge. EMS treated her and the suspect fled the scene before officers arrived.
- At 2:50 p.m. a man was arrested for felony assault after striking a victim with a vehicle in the 2300 block of Faber.
- At 4:57 p.m. a house in the 3200 block of Jacob caught on fire. Officers investigated the location as a grow operation for marijuana. All equipment was damaged or destroyed, and the Fire Marshall deemed the location to be unsafe and condemned it.
Friday, February 22
- At 1:25 a.m. a man was arrested in front of City Hall (also the Police Station) after being found with open intoxicants in his vehicle.
- At 6:28 p.m. units were dispatched to the area of Moran and Commor regarding a fight with a knife. After an investigation one subject was placed under arrest and another one was transported to the hospital.
- At 11:43 p.m. a man was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct at Club Aces after he was thrown out of the bar for fighting and started yelling obscenities in the street.
Saturday, February 23
- At 1:05 a.m. two men were arrested in front of Club Aces, one for fighting and the other for obstructing justice after interfering with officers making an arrest.
- At 1:33 a.m. a Selfridge resident stated she lent her car to her baby’s father, who did not return the vehicle and had been out of contact.
- At 2:07 a.m. two more men were placed under arrest for fighting and for assaulting Reserve Officers outside of Club Aces.
Sunday, February 24
- At 12:23 a.m. officers assisted EMS with an intoxicated resident in the 3000 block of Yemans.
- At 12:44 a.m. officers placed property in safe keeping following an investigation.
- At 11:46 a.m. a Hamtramck resident was placed under arrest for breaking into a residence on Whalen.
Monday, February 25
- At 1:30 a.m. a man was placed under arrest for possession of crack cocaine and other violations during a traffic stop on I-75 at 6 Mile.
- At 12:28 p.m. a Hamtramck resident reported that she was followed by an unknown male driving a green Toyota van while she was walking her daughter to school on 2/11/2013.
- At 11:30 p.m. a woman came to the station to report her minor granddaughter missing.
Tuesday, February 26
- At 12:20 a.m. five people were arrested in the 3800 block of Yemans following a disturbance.
- At 5:42 a.m. a resident of the 2300 block of Botsford reported the theft of a tan 2004 Chevy Impala.
- At 5:47 a.m. a resident of the 12000 block of Moran reported the theft of a white Chevy Impala.