Crime Log … 3/15/13
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Tuesday, March 5 through Wednesday, March 13.
Tuesday, March 5
- At 3:08 a.m. a man was arrested for fleeing and eluding police officers and auto theft after a short pursuit ended at the intersection of Luce and Gable in Detroit. The suspect was charged with multiple crimes.
- At 4:11 a.m. two people were arrested for outstanding 31st District warrants after being investigated in the McDonald’s parking lot.
- At 10 a.m. a man passed fraudulent insurance to the city attorney at Hamtramck 31st District Court.
- At 12:41 p.m. police recovered a Hamtramck-stolen 1999 Mercury Sable from the 14500 block of Fielding.
- At 2 p.m. a woman passed fraudulent insurance to the city attorney at Hamtramck 31st District Court.
- At 3 p.m. a male was taken to the Detroit Receiving Hospital Crisis Center after having mental issues and threatening EMS with a knife at a location in Hamtramck.
Wednesday, March 6
- At 8:14 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) broke into a house in the 2300 block of Zinow between 7:30 and 8 a.m. on today’s date.
- At 12:14 p.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) broke into her locker in the 5100 block of Edwin and took her wallet.
- At 12:40 p.m. a woman reported that an unknown male grabbed her purse in the 11900 block of Jos. Campau at 12:20 p.m. The suspect was last seen running south on Jos. Campau.
Thursday, March 7
At 5:36 a.m. officers impounded a 2005 Chrysler discovered with column damage.
- At 7 a.m. a man reported his 2005 Chrysler as stolen. He was advised that his vehicle was towed by police and had ignition damage.
- At 8:19 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) attempted to steal his 2004 Ford Taurus from the 9400 block of Mitchell between 6 p.m. on 3/6 and 8 a.m. on 3/7.
- At 12:31 p.m. a male and female were arrested for possession of marijuana after a traffic stop at Holbrook and Brombach. A 1997 Ford Escort was forfeited.
- At 3:11 p.m. a man from the 2300 block of Danforth reported that unknown suspects stole his 2004 Jeep which was parked in front of his residence. The Detroit Police Department had already recovered the vehicle at the time of report.
- At 7 p.m. a person turned in a Driver’s License that was found in the Rite Aid parking lot.
Friday, March 8
- At 1:44 a.m. a resident of the 9000 block of Dequindre was placed under arrest for domestic violence.
- At 8:40 a.m. a man was arrested at Nagel and Carpenter after a traffic stop revealed he was driving without a license.
- At 11:31 a.m. a man was arrested at Dequindre and Carpenter after a traffic stop revealed he was driving without a license and did not have insurance.
- At 5:17 p.m. officers initiated a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Norwalk. After a short investigation one person was placed under arrest for not having a valid license.
Saturday, March 9
- At 12:10 p.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his wallet on 3/1 at 12 p.m. while at a fast food restaurant in the 10300 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 1 p.m. a woman dropped off some items that she found in a purse she just bought at Value World.
Sunday, March 10
- At 12:13 a.m. two people were placed under arrest for minor in possession.
- A Goodson resident was placed under arrest for obstructing the police during an investigation in the 9700 block of Conant at 1:56 p.m.
- A Belmont resident stated that a black male, about 5’10” with a light complexion and wearing brown coat, grabbed his Samsung Galaxy phone while at Belmont and Gallagher at 2:30 p.m. The suspect fled southbound on Gallagher in a red Saturn. The victim said the suspect had tattoos and appeared to be 20-25. The suspect has also been seen trying to pawn jewelry in the city.
- Officers responded to an alarm in the 12100 block of St. Aubin and found an open door. The residence was cleared and secured and all appeared to be in order.
- A resident of the 2200 block of Holbrook reported that between 11 p.m. on 3/9 and 9 a.m. on today’s date an unknown suspect(s) broke into her 1999 Honda Civic by breaking a rear vent window and stole her Dell Laptop computer.
Monday, March 11
- At 8:49 a.m. a Detroit resident was arrested for improper insurance after a traffic stop on Hamtramck Drive.
- At 11:21 a.m. a Hamtramck resident reported that her ex-boyfriend attempted to break into her residence and fled the scene before officers arrived.
- At 11:53 a.m. a Detroit resident was arrested for driving without a license and Hamtramck warrant after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Commor.
- At 12:30 p.m. a resident of Hamtramck reported someone stole her identity and filed a tax return in her name.
- A juvenile was petitioned to Children’s Hospital for mental evaluation.
- A resident of the 11600 block of Lumpkin reported a named suspect forced entry into her residence and stole her phone at 3:53 p.m.
- A Troy resident reported the theft of her iPhone from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 9300 block of Dubois.
- Officers investigated a domestic assault at Caniff and Gallagher at 4:08 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Faber and Jos. Campau.
- A crash occurred at Goodson and Jos. Campau.
- A crash occurred at Evaline and Jos. Campau.
- A resident of the 2200 block of Hewitt reported the malicious destruction of their vehicle at 8:46 p.m.
- A resident of the 2300 block of Poland was petitioned to the Detroit Receiving Hospital Crisis Center at 9:23 p.m.
Tuesday, March 12
- At 10:38 a.m. a female was arrested for fighting in public and a male was arrested for aggravated assault at Danforth and Jos. Campau.
- At 11:23 a.m. a blue huffy bike was recovered in the 12000 block of Gallagher.
- Officers found an open door in the 2700 block of Evaline. The residence was cleared and secured at 5:43 p.m.
- A Trowbridge resident was placed under arrest for a 31st District warrant and driving without a license after a traffic stop at Caniff and Gallagher at 5:53 p.m.
Wednesday, March 13
- At 8:46 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) attempted to steal his Chrysler Town & Country from the 12100 block of Nagle between 3/12 and 3/13.
- A traffic accident occurred at Commor and Jos. Campau at 3:18 p.m.
- A man reported to officers that he was walking in the 3100 block of Carpenter when three black males grabbed his prescription at 4:26 p.m. They fled in a white Ford F150.
- Two men were arrested for possession of narcotics with intent to distribute and assaulting a police officer after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Goodson at 4:45 p.m.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Commor reported their landlord illegally evicted them and stole their belongings.
- A resident of the 11700 block of Moran reported someone filed 2012 taxes using her social security number.
- An agent of a business in the 8600 block of Jos. Campau stated that while he was putting garbage in his dumpster males in a black Impala were observed dumping. When he approached them they drove at him and hit his left leg. They attempted to fight him but he fled the scene.