Crime Log … 3/22/13
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Thursday, March 14 through Wednesday, March 20.
Thursday, March 14
There was no report issued for this date.
Friday, March 15
- At 1:33 a.m. a person was placed under arrest in the 3100 block of Lehman for an assault and battery warrant from Hamtramck.
- At 2:30 a.m. a person was arrested for driving without a valid license and not possessing proper insurance following a traffic stop.
- At 12:16 p.m. a man reported that his friend took his TV from his room in the 11300 block of Mitchell.
- At 12:57 p.m. a man walking in the 8700 block of Jos. Campau was arrested for disorderly conduct.
- At 1:49 p.m. officers were dispatched to the 9400 block of Jos. Campau regarding a domestic dispute. After a short investigation one person was arrested for felony assault and violating a restraining order.
- At 3:41 p.m. police responded to a residence in the 12000 block of Selfridge for a break-in.
- At 5:27 p.m. a Warren resident reported that an unknown black male strong-armed her of her phone while she was on the street near Charest and Caniff.
- At 7:46 p.m. a Warren resident came into the station and stated that while parking his bike in front of a business it was stolen.
Saturday, March 16
- At 12:52 a.m. a person was arrested for disorderly conduct.
- At 2:58 a.m. a person was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
- At 4:43 a.m. officers responded to a break-in in the 12000 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 12:49 p.m. a woman reported that her niece had run away from her grandmother’s house in Detroit.
- At 10:37 p.m. a vehicle stolen from Hamtramck was recovered.
Sunday, March 17
- At 12:15 a.m. a person was arrested for a felony Hamtramck warrant.
- At 2:30 p.m. a person was arrested for felony assault with a motor vehicle.
- At 11:47 a.m. a Charest resident reported that she has been receiving harassing phone calls from a suspect named in her report.
- At 12:33 p.m. a Lehman resident was found deceased in his residence after a welfare check. The medical examiner released his body to the family.
- A crash occurred at Mackay and Carpenter at 3 p.m.
- A resident reported finding a white substance (sugar) around her fuel filler tube while parked at Yemans and Jos. Campau at 8:16 p.m.
Monday, March 18
- At 3:05 a.m. a Hamtramck resident was arrested in the 12100 block of St. Aubin for receiving and outfitting, possessing a replica firearm, failure to ID, prowling and harassment.
- At 10:14 a.m. a Detroit resident was arrested after a traffic stop revealed a valid Hamtramck warrant and that the person was driving with a suspended license and did not possess proper insurance.
- At 12:30 p.m. a subject was placed under arrest in the 3500 block of Hamtramck Drive on a valid Hamtramck warrant.
- An agent of business in the 11400 block of Jos. Campau provided officers video of a suspect attempting to gain entry into their business at 1:50 a.m. that day.
- An agent of a business in the 3000 block of Holbrook reported 20 scratch off lottery tickets were missing from his store.
- At 5:16 p.m. a male was arrested after a traffic stop revealed he had possession of marijuana and was driving with a suspended license.
- A resident of the 3900 block of Dorothy reported his handgun missing from his glove box at 5:34 p.m.
- At 11:46 p.m. a Hamtramck resident from the 2100 block of Belmont reported domestic violence involving felony assault against her by her live-in boyfriend, after he assaulted her with a shoe.
Tuesday, March 19
- At 7:58 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) took the catalytic convertor off of her 2003 Chevy between 5:30 p.m. on 3/18 and 7:45 a.m. on 3/19, while it was parked in the 1900 block of Norwalk.
- At 9:35 a.m. two males were issued citations after a traffic stop at Dequindre and Burnside.
- At 10:24 a.m. a male was arrested in the 3200 block of Belmont for domestic violence and obstructing justice.
- At 11:32 a.m. a woman reported that a man had violated a restraining order in the 11600 block of Lumpkin.
- At 4:41 p.m. a resident of the same address in the 11600 block of Lumpkin reported a break-in and violation of a restraining order.
- At 9:54 p.m. a woman from Inkster was placed under arrest at the station for two 31st District warrants.
- At 11:40 p.m. a Hamtramck resident was placed under arrest for domestic violence in the 3400 block of Edwin.
Wednesday, March 20
- At 8:12 a.m. a Hamtramck resident reported an unknown suspect attempted to steal his vehicle while it was parked on Caniff.
- A pedestrian hit-and-run occurred at Brombach and Holbrook. No injuries were reported.
- At 9:50 a.m. a Hamtramck resident reported their vehicle was stolen while it was parked near their residence on Charest.
- At 12:01 p.m. a Hamtramck resident reported his two children were being neglected by his ex-girlfriend, who has custody of them.
- At 1:13 p.m. a Detroit resident reported he was assaulted by an unknown black male while at a residence on Belmont.
- At 1:25 p.m. a Hamtramck resident reported the theft of their catalytic convertor from their vehicle while it was parked near their residence on St. Aubin.
- A pedestrian hit-and-run occurred on Mitchell north of Commor. No injuries were reported.
- At approximately 3:40 p.m. a victim reported that she was assaulted by her boyfriend while in Hamtramck.
- A victim reported his 4-year-old daughter was claimed as a dependant on taxes that were filed.
- At approximately 8:06 p.m. there was an open door in the 2600 block of Trowbridge. The residence was cleared by officers.
- At approximately 9:14 p.m. two males were arrested after committing a robbery at Conant and Jacob.