Crime Log … 3/8/13
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Wednesday, February 27 through Monday, March 4.
Wednesday, February 27
- At 3:07 a.m. officers responded to a break-in in the 3000 block of Caniff.
- At 9:35 a.m. a male was arrested at St. Aubin and Carpenter after a traffic stop for driving without a license. A GMC Denali was towed by B&T.
- At 10:53 a.m. a man reported that someone possibly stole his Oxycodone prescription and was attempting to get if refilled.
- At 11:17 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his 2001 Dodge Caravan from the 2400 block of Goodson.
- At 12:28 p.m. a man was arrested at Grand Haven and Caniff after a traffic stop for driving without a license.
- At 1:40 p.m. an officer responded to the 11300 block of St. Aubin regarding a dead body. The medical examiner responded and took custody of the body.
- At 9:51 p.m. a Dearborn Heights resident reported that someone smashed out her car window while it was parked in the lot at Poland and Latham.
- At 11:20 p.m. a subject was arrested for domestic violence.
Thursday, February 28
- At 12:30 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for driving without a license.
- At 5:39 p.m. a Sobieski resident reported his car stolen.
Friday, March 1
- At 12:25 a.m. two subjects were placed under arrest on traffic and drug possession charges.
- At 3:30 a.m. officers discovered malicious destruction of property at a business located in the 9300 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 2:01 a.m. a man was arrested for an expired license after a traffic stop at Holbrook and Brombach.
- At 2:03 p.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his 1997 Chevy from the 3300 block of Hanley.
- At 3:13 p.m. officers were dispatched to Caniff and Charest regarding a fight. A woman told officers that she was assaulted by two females.
- At 3:21 p.m. officers were dispatched to Evaline and Gallagher regarding a fight. After a short investigation one male was transported home.
- At 4:02 p.m. a victim stated while shopping at a store in town someone stole money from her purse while it was in her shopping cart.
- At 6:19 p.m. two males were arrested after a traffic stop investigation.
- At 5:30 p.m. a Comstock resident made a report stating that her son pawned her computer.
- At 7:57 p.m. a Botsford resident stated while she was walking in the area Charest and Carpenter an unknown male stole her purse.
Saturday, March 2
- At 12:40 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest following a traffic stop.
- At 10:52 a.m. a male was arrested for breaking and entering at Jacob and Conant, after breaking into a house on Jacob.
- At 3:45 p.m. a Goodson resident stated someone struck her vehicle while it was parked in front of her residence.
- At 5:59 p.m. a subject was placed under arrest after a traffic stop.
- At 7:02 p.m. a Detroit resident made a report stating that he was involved in an accident at Lumpkin and Evaline.
Sunday, March 3
- At 12:39 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and leaving the scene of an accident.
- At 5 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for trespassing.
- At 11:13 a.m. a Hamtramck resident reported the theft of his debit card by his daughter, who spent $500 of his money. The complainant was unable to give any information on his daughter, his bank card, or his phone number.
- A man was placed under arrest by officers investigating a domestic assault in the 3300 block of Holbrook at 5:47 p.m.
- A Mitchell resident was placed under arrest for breaking and entering and a 31st District Court warrant after officers located him lying on an upstairs porch of an occupied residence in the 9400 block of McDougall at 5:50 p.m.
Monday, March 4
- A woman was arrest for assault and cruelty to animals after she threatened her boyfriend with a knife and kicked his dog several times at 2337 Andrus.