By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Thursday, April 18 through Tuesday, April 23.
Thursday, April 18
· At 12:22 a.m. officers responded to an animal complaint.
· At 5:10 a.m. a resident in the 12000 block of Dequindre reported a break-in.
· A crash occurred at Lehman and Gallagher.
· Two males were arrested at Lehman and Jos. Campau after leaving the scene of an accident. One male was arrested for driving with a suspended license, leaving the scene of an accident, possession of narcotic paraphernalia and no insurance. The other male was arrested for possession of narcotic paraphernalia and obstruction of justice.
· A woman was placed under arrest at Wayne County Dickerson on a 31st District arrest warrant.
Friday, April 19
· At 7:51 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person broke into her shed in the 3000 block of Goodson between 9 p.m. on 4/18 and 7 a.m. on 4/19.
· At 8:05 a.m. a juvenile reported that he had been assaulted on the way to school at Yemans and Belmont.
· At 9:46 a.m. a man reported that his wallet was stolen from his house in the 11300 block of Mitchell. He thinks his stepdaughter took it.
· At 11:47 a.m. officers recovered a Detroit stolen 2008 Chrysler Aspen from the 2700 block of Poland.
· At 12:54 p.m. a woman attempted to cash a fraudulent check in the 9000 block of Jos. Campau. It was determined that it was a scam from Nigeria and the woman was sent on her way.
· At 1:45 p.m. a female victim reported that a water cube was stolen from her garden in the 2300 block of Grayling.
· At 3:10 p.m. a victim reported that he was robbed the day before, between 3 and 3:10 p.m. The suspects were two Arabic males, both approximately 16-years-old. One was wearing a red hoodie and one was wearing a black hoodie.
· At about 3 p.m. a victim reported that two white males broke into her garage in the 11400 block of Lumpkin and stole miscellaneous items. Thesuspects fled in white van, license plate CJW 8676.
Saturday, April 20
No report was issued for this date.
Sunday, April 21
· At 2:26 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Belmont.
· At 2:45 a.m. officers transported a subject from a residence in the 12000 block of Nagel to the Detroit Receiving Hospital Crisis Center for committal. A family member completed the petition.
· At 12:49 p.m. a Detroit man was arrested for domestic violence after he assaulted the mother of his child in the 12000 block of Oklahoma. EMS was refused.
· Officers investigated a domestic assault in the 2300 block of Holmes at 3:05 p.m.
· Officers investigated a domestic assault in the 2200 block of Caniff at 4:05 p.m.
Monday, April 22
· At 12:11 a.m. a male was placed under arrest at Carpenter and Fleming for domestic violence.
· At 2:48 a.m. a vehicle struck a house near Belmont and Alpena. The driver fled the scene and the fire department was notified and arrived on scene.
· At 3:06 a.m. a male was arrested for an improper license plate and driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop at Conant and Carpenter.
· At 12:45 p.m. a Doremus resident walked into the station and reported that her brother stole her medication.
· Officers investigated a domestic assault in the 3000 block of Jacob at 3:10 p.m.
· An agent of a business in the 2300 block of Burger reported a juvenile fled from him with apparent assault wounds. The juvenile was found at Evaline and Gallagher and reported being assaulted after school. The juvenile was transported to Children’s Hospital by EMS and family members were notified.
· A resident of the 11500 block of Fleming reported the rear window of his 1997 Pontiac was broken between 4:30 and 5:58 p.m. on today’s date.
· A man was placed under arrest during a traffic stop at Commor and Nagel after it was revealed he had a suspended license and a 31st District arrest warrant.
· An agent of a business in the 9800 block of Jos. Campau reported a stolen check was fraudulently endorsed and cashed.
· A resident of the 3200 block of Hanley St. reported her cellular phone and a prescription bottle were stolen from her vehicle.
· At 11:09 p.m. a man was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct and minor in possession.
Tuesday, April 23
· At 9:36 a.m. a man stated that an unknown person(s) damaged his 1998 Cadillac Catera while it was parked in the 2400 block of Holbrook.
· At 10:40 a.m. an agent of Child Protective Services reported that a woman had been abusing her six children in the 12000 block of Mitchell.
· A juvenile reported that he was assaulted by other known juveniles while walking at Selfridge and Commor at 3:30 p.m.
· A crash occurred at Caniff and Gallagher at 9:37 p.m.