By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Thursday, May 2 through Wednesday, May 8.
Thursday, May 2
· At 12:10 a.m. a person was arrested for arson and domestic violence following an incident in the 11000 block of Moran.
· At 9:43 a.m. an agent of Children Protective Services faxed over a complaint of child abuse.
· At 10:13 a.m. the principal of a school in the 2300 block of Burger reported that two students had assaulted each other.
· At 11:50 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person took the license plate off of his brother’s car while it was parked in the 3200 block of Jacob.
· At 12:43 p.m. a woman reported that an unknown person took her red bike from the 3300 block of Caniff.
· A Jacob Street juvenile was reported as a runaway at 5:11 p.m. Officers located him a short time later and returned him to his guardian.
· At 10:49 p.m. the entire afternoon shift and midnight shift responded to the 2400 block of Burger for a situation. A man was petitioned and committed to Detroit Receiving Hospital, where he received further treatment for cuts received during an earlier altercation with family members.
· At 11:09 p.m. a woman came to the station and reported that a man had choked her until she passed out after a verbal altercation occurred in the 11400 block of Mitchell. The woman refused medical attention.
Friday, May 3
· At 4:14 a.m. officers located an open door after a building check in the 9000 block of Jos. Campau. The interior of the building was checked and cleared. The building appeared to be vacant and was unable to be secured.
Saturday, May 4
· At 2:16 a.m. a person was arrested for disorderly conduct in the 11000 block of Jos. Campau.
· At 3:29 a.m. a person reported being assaulted by four black males all described as 20-25-years-old, 6’ tall and wearing dark clothing.
· At 9:54 a.m. a man from the 3800 block of Dorothy reported his 1998 Dodge Dakota was stolen.
· At 10:59 a.m. a man from the 11500 block of Fleming reported his mail was being stolen. A suspect and a suspect vehicle were named in the police report. The victim has a PPO against the suspect.
· At 11:56 a.m. a man reported his license plate was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked in the 2400 block of Hewitt.
· At 1:37 p.m. a man was arrested in the 2200 block of Goodson after he assaulted his roommate.
· At 3:42 p.m. a victim reported her prescription pills were stolen by her granddaughter.
· At 7:19 p.m. a male notified officers that his girlfriend was deceased at their residence in Hamtramck. The Wayne County Medical Examiner was notified and took custody of the body.
Sunday, May 5
· At 3:16 a.m. officers were flagged down by a victim who stated her vehicle was broken into while it was parked in the west Jos. Campau alley near Evaline.
· At 12:20 p.m. a man walked into the police station and turned over an ATM card that he found at the Huntington Bank ATM. An Internet search did not turn up owner, and the card was tagged into evidence for safe keeping.
· At 3 p.m. a business in the Hamtramck Town Center called to report multiple harassing phone calls. The business owner further stated that the phone calls have been happening for over a month.
· At 6:03 p.m. a Detroit resident reported that someone stole his vehicle while it was parked in the 9600 block of Conant. Shortly after, the owner called the station stating he recovered his vehicle in Detroit. The owner drove the vehicle to the station so officers could visually inspect the vehicle.
· At 10:15 p.m. an unidentified male was assaulted by two unknown males. The unidentified male was transported to DRH by DMC Ambulance Services.
Monday, May 6
· At 9:30 a.m. a woman reported that her daughter ran away from home.
· At 11:30 a.m. a resident reported that his 2003 Mazda was damaged while parked in the 11700 block of Charest overnight.
· At 12:32 a.m. a woman in the 2600 block of Belmont reported that a package was stolen after the mail was delivered to her home.
· At 5 p.m. an Edwin resident reported that her daughter attempted suicide by ingesting prescription pills. EMS arrived on scene and transported the daughter to the hospital.
· At 9:22 p.m. a family member of a Lehman resident called and stated that the person was not home but the lights and a radio were on and that the door was open. Officers entered and cleared the residence, finding no one inside with no forced entry damage. The residence was secured upon clearing.
Tuesday, May 7
· A man was placed under arrest in the 2600 block of Holmes after threatening a female with a knife. Narcotics were also recovered.
· At 3:52 a.m. a Hamtramck resident reported that the suspect who stole her cell phone in February had submitted photos of her to Facebook and to everybody in her list of contacts.
· At 1:16 p.m. a Hamtramck resident reported that someone fraudulently cashed his paycheck
· At 6:39 p.m. a victim came into the station and reported her wallet was stolen out of her purse while shopping at in the 9300 block of Jos. Campau.
· At 7:39 p.m. a victim reported the window of his vehicle was destroyed by a BB gun while it was parked in the 2200 block of Goodson.
· At 7:46 p.m. a victim reported damage to his vehicle while it was parked in the 11600 block of Lumpkin.
· At 8:23 p.m. a victim reported her dog was attacked in the 9500 block of Mitchell.
· At 8:27 p.m. a victim reported being assaulted by her ex-girlfriend in the 5100 block of Yemans.
Wednesday, May 8
· At 12:34 p.m. a person was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and driving with a suspended license following a traffic stop at Evaline and Conant.
· At 10:09 p.m. a man was arrested at Conant and Harold after traffic stop for driving without a license.
· At 3:04 p.m. a victim reported that someone stole copper wiring and fled in a tan 1997 Ford minivan, license plate 895 6E4
· At 5:09 p.m. officers responded to the 3000 block of Lehman for an open door. Officers notified the desk, which then notified DPW that the back door and one window needed to be boarded up.
· At 5:45 p.m. a victim came into the station and reported her juvenile son’s bicycle was stolen from her residence in the 2400 block of Danforth. A juvenile suspect was named in the report.
· At 7:30 p.m. a credit card was found in the 12000 block of Conant and turned in by a good Samaritan