By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers some of the highlights from Wednesday, May 15 to Wednesday, May 22.
Wednesday, May 15
· At 7:10 p.m. officers were dispatched to Caniff and Moran regarding an intoxicated male. After a brief investigation the subject was issued tickets for possession of narcotic paraphernalia and public intoxication, and then transported to Detroit Receiving Hospital (DRH).
· At 8:05 p.m. a Hewitt resident reported that someone had stolen his Jack Russell/pit bull mix from the backyard.
Thursday, May 16
· At 10:03 a.m. a female was arrested in the 9300 block of Jos. Campau for a fraudulent check.
Friday, May 17
· At 2:20 a.m. a victim was assaulted and robbed by an unknown black male while walking westbound on Botsford west of Jos. Campau.
· At 11:59 a.m. a white male wearing a burgundy shirt, brown shorts, and a green baseball cap attempted to break into a building in the 2200 block of Caniff by throwing a piece of concrete through the front door.
· At 4:18 p.m. EMS and police responded to an unresponsive female who had possibly been “popping pills” while at a Detroit residence. She was dropped off behind the Hamtramck Fire Department, where firefighters began treating her. Detroit Medical Center (DMC) EMS transported her to DRH.
Saturday, May 18
· At 4:06 p.m. officers responded to a female who was walking half-nude on Evalinenear Dequindre. After a brief investigation it was determined she was off hermedication and could be a harm to herself, and officers transported her to DRH.
· At 4:36 p.m. a mother reported her juvenile son assaulted her at their Hamtramckresidence. The teen had already fled the scene before officers arrived.
· At 5:38 p.m. three adults were arrested on Andrus St., two for disorderly conduct by fightingand one for obstructing a police investigation.
Sunday, May 19
· At 11:18 a.m., while she was begging for money a woman was placed under arrest in the 9000 block of Jos. Campau for three outstanding Hamtramck warrants.
· At 11:31 a.m. a man reported that someone threw rocks anddamaged his semi truck while it was parked on the southeast corner of Conant and Holbrook.
Monday, May 20
· At 10:30 p.m. a Dyar resident attempted suicide by ingesting prescription pills. The resident was transported by EMS to DRH.
· At 3:40 a.m. a man reported being attacked by two pit bulls near Gallagher and Carpenter.
· At 12:40 p.m. a female employee of a restaurant on Jos. Campau was arrested for felony assault afterassaulting a male manager because he asked her to fill the condiment trays. The female refused and escalated the issue by punching him in the face several times. She also grabbed a frenchfry frying basket and swung it at him.
· At 1:32 p.m. a victim reported a purse snatching on Evaline. One suspect was a younger black male wearing a black shirt with graphics on the front and a hat with a black brim. Another suspect was a younger black male wearing a white shirt and no hat.
Tuesday, May 21
No report was issued for this date.
Wednesday, May 22
· At 8 p.m. juvenile victims reported being robbed of their cell phones at Norwalk and Conant.