Crime Log …12/14/12
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Monday, December 5 through Wednesday, December 12.
Wednesday, December 5
- At 10:10 p.m. a man was placed under arrest in the 1600 block of Caniff for disorderly conduct and obstructing police. A 2000 Mercury Sable was also impounded at the scene as the vehicle was wanted in a felony in Redford Township.
Thursday, December 6
- At 8:15 a.m. a man reported the theft of his cell phone and a spool of copper wire from his work truck while parked at Conant and Caniff.
- At 10:32 a.m. a woman reported her bicycle was stolen from her residence in the 9400 block of Charest.
- At 12:15 p.m. a woman reported the catalytic converter was stolen from her gold Buick Rendezvous while parked at Jos. Campau and Commor.
- At 12:19 p.m. a man reported that unknown suspect(s) broke into his residence in the 9300 block of Mitchell and stole assorted tools and personal items.
- At 12:27 p.m. agents of a business in the 2900 Holbrook reported being assaulted by three males named in the report. An iPhone 4 was also taken in the assault. The suspects then fled the scene.
- Two females were placed under arrest for providing false information to a police officer and 31st District Warrants during a traffic stop at Conant and Talbot at 3:22 p.m.
- A Warren resident reported the rear window on her 2008 Dodge was broken out while parked in the 1900 block of Yemans at approximately 3:30 p.m.
- A resident of the 11600 block of Moran reported a male known to the family forced his way into the house after the resident refused to let him talk to her husband at 4:20 p.m.
- A Hamtramck resident was placed under arrest after fleeing a fast food restaurant in the 10300 block of Jos. Campau with a wallet that was left on the counter.
- Officers investigated an assault in the 3900 block of Prescott.
- A juvenile was placed under arrest at Trowbridge and Jos. Campau after he brandished a replica BB sawed-off shotgun to employees in the area then concealed it in his pants when officers arrived at 5:33 p.m. A Parental Responsibility Citation was issued.
- A Jacob resident was placed under arrest for a 31st District Warrant during a traffic stop at Lumpkin and Andrus at 9:42 p.m.
Friday, December 7
No report was issued for today’s date.
Saturday, December 8
- At 11:07 p.m. officers took a subject to Detroit Receiving Hospital for committal.
Sunday, December 9
- At 3:25 a.m. officers placed a subject under arrest in the 3100 block of Holbrook.
- At 9 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for providing false information after a traffic stop at Holbrook and Gallagher. The subject’s vehicle was impounded.
- At 12:28 p.m. a Trowbridge resident reported that an unknown white female entered his house and attempted to get him to give her his personal information then fled when police were called.
- At approximately 1:13 p.m. a Gallagher resident reported his house was broken into.
- A Detroit resident was placed under arrest during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Zinow which turned up suspected cocaine, heroin, and marijuana. The driver was also cited for driving with a suspended license, and his 2000 Ford was impounded.
- An officer was presented with fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Commor at 1:25 p.m.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Neibel reported a break-in between 3 p.m. on Dec. 7 and 3:30 p.m. on today’s date.
- At 5 p.m. a crash occurred at Jos. Campau and Danforth.
- A pedestrian crash occurred at Jos. Campau and Casmere at 6:43 p.m.
Monday, December 10
- At 3:30 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest on a Hamtramck Warrant following a traffic stop.
- At 5:23 a.m. two subjects were placed under arrest on Hamtramck Warrants following a traffic stop.
- At approximately 10 a.m. a Woodland resident reported property stolen from his residence.
- At approximately 10:25 a.m. a person was arrested at Holbrook and Conant on a Hamtramck Warrant.
- An accident occurred at Jos. Campau and Danforth.
- An accident occurred in the north Poland alley near Lumpkin.
- At 1:14 p.m. a Kosciuzsko School employee reported threatening phone calls.
- A private property crash occurred near Jos. Campau and Holbrook at 3:15 p.m.
- A resident of the 2700 block of Norwalk was issued citations for having an unlicensed dog and having an animal at large after two complaints of dogs charging at pedestrians were registered.
- A resident of the 9400 block of Mitchell reported the theft of her green 1997 Chrysler Cirrus between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. on this date.
- The Department of Public Works was notified to board up a home in the 12100 block of Klinger at 9:45 p.m.