Crime Log …1/25/13
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Tuesday, January 15 through Wednesday, January 23.
Tuesday, January 15
- At 6 a.m. a man reported that a known party stole his 28’ long ladder off of his van in front of a house in the 3200 block of Jacob.
- At 1 a.m. a man was placed under arrest for absconding parole after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Carpenter.
- At 1 a.m. a man reported his 1995 Honda Accord was stolen in the 12000 block of Conant. An 18-20-year-old thin black male, approximately 5’9” and wearing a black coat and black hat, jumped into the running car and fled southbound on Conant.
- At 2:49 a.m. a woman was placed under arrest for driving without a license, operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and underage drinking after a traffic stop at Caniff and Mitchell.
- At 2:57 a.m. a woman was placed under arrest for driving without a license, obstruction of justice and a Southfield warrant a traffic stop at Davison and Oakland.
- At 3:16 a.m. officers assisted Michigan State Police and the Hamtramck Fire Dept with a traffic crash on southbound I-75 just south of Caniff.
- At 11:17 a.m. an officer made entry into a home in the 2200 block of Yemans for a welfare check on a man whom no one had seen since Saturday and was not answering the door. He was found to be in good health.
- At 11:49 a.m. officers checked a house in the 11700 block of Klinger after neighbors found a broken window. No one was found inside and it appears that the house is vacant.
- A Poland resident reported an unknown suspect stole his payroll check from the mail and cashed it.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Pulaski reported his blue 1999 Dodge Caravan was stolen between 10 p.m. on 1/12 and 2 p.m. on this date.
- At 10:05 p.m. a man was placed under arrest for Domestic Violence in the 3200 block of Belmont.
- At 10:16 p.m. a man reported that between 4 and 10 p.m. someone broke into his home and stole his TV.
Wednesday, January 16
- At 12:16 a.m. a man was placed under arrest for striking his roommate over the head with a bottle. EMS treated the victim at scene.
- At 5:38 a.m. a woman was placed under arrest in the 3400 block of Holbrook for a 31st District warrant while investigating a noise complaint.
- At 8 a.m. Child Protective Services reported possible abuse in the 2200 block of Goodson.
- At 9 a.m. a woman reported that an employee of a gas station in the 2000 block of Caniff asked her if her daughter was for sale.
- At 9:23 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person left a piece of luggage on her door step. At 9:55 a man claimed the bag, stating that the owner of the bag had moved to a different address.
- Officers assisted the DEA in serving a search warrant in the 9200 block of Jos. Campau and placed five subjects under arrest for miscellaneous warrants.
- A juvenile reported an assault at Hamtramck High School on 1/14.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Evaline reported the theft of her catalytic converter in the early morning of 1/12.
- A juvenile reported that she was assaulted at Caniff and Ellery at 3:30 p.m.
- A Detroit resident was placed under arrest for open intoxicants and several Wayne County warrants at Carpenter and Lumpkin at 4:44 p.m.
- The owner of a house in the 11700 block of Klinger reported that an unknown suspect(s) threw a brick through his window between 1/9 and today’s date.
- A customer of a store in the 9200 block of Jos. Campau reported that two black males, approximately 20-years-old each, grabbed her purse inside of the store. Officers viewed security footage which showed they arrived in a large, silver four door car. Suspect #1 was approximately 5’10” with a short afro and suspect #2 was approximately 5’8”wearing a grey hoodie and dark pants. The suspects fled in the vehicle with the purse westbound on Holbrook at 7:10 p.m.
Thursday, January 17
- At 12:58 a.m. a woman reported that she was assaulted by a man known to her in the 2200 block of Hewitt.
- At 2:20 a.m. a man was arrested at Gallagher and Conant for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
- At 6:48 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his 1997 Dodge Neon between 1:30 and 5:30 a.m. on today’s date.
- At 9:30 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) took her 2011 Ford between 10 p.m. on 1/16 2200hrs 8:45 a.m. on 1/17 from the 9700 block of Dequindre.
- Three males were placed under arrest for fighting in the 12100 block of Conant at 9:31 a.m.
- Nine subjects were placed under arrest for miscellaneous warrants by officers assisting the DEA with serving a warrant in the 2900 block of Holbrook.
- A man was placed under arrest at Conant and Casmere for absconding parole. Officers also found open intoxicants and narcotic paraphernalia on the man.
- A juvenile was placed under arrest after assaulting another juvenile at Gallagher and Jacob at 5:39 p.m.
- A woman was placed under arrest by Detroit Public Schools Police on three 31st District warrants.
- A Commor resident stated that he was robbed while at the PNC Bank ATM at 6:20 p.m. A silver minivan pulled up in the alley and two black males exited the vehicle. The victim was struck two times with an automotive “club” and the vehicle fled northbound on Jos. Campau after taking $360.00. The suspects were both described as 20-year-old black men, about 6’0”- 6’2”, with one wearing a white hoodie and one wearing a brown hoodie.
- At 11:51 p.m. a man from the 11500 block of Lumpkin reported that an unknown male wearing dark clothing and armed with a semi automatic weapon attempted to rob him of his car keys and wallet as he exited his vehicle in front of his residence. The suspect fled westbound on foot down Casmere, then northbound on Nagel.
Friday, January 18
- At 9:07 a.m. a man had a fraudulent temporary tag on his black Jetta after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Roosevelt.
- At 9:45 a.m. a man was committed after he was found living in his vehicle at Moran and Commor, unable to take care of himself.
- At 10:44 a.m. a woman took three boxes of diapers from a store in the 9200 block of Jos. Campau and fled the area.
- At 11:10 a.m. a man was arrested at City Hall for a Hamtramck warrant.
- A man turned himself in to the 31st District Court and while being booked marijuana was confiscated from his possession. He was placed under arrest, again.
- At 3:11 p.m. a victim stated that person(s) unknown broke-into and entered his residence in the 2200 block of Hewitt and ransacked the home, stealing several items.
- At 5:48 p.m. a juvenile female was arrested for domestic violence after assaulting her mother and her brother in the 9400 block of Charest.
- At 15:45hrs DPW was notified regarding a water line break at Corinthian Baptist Church.
- At 8:34 a victim came into the station and reported that her vehicle was stolen in the 11300 block of Mitchell.
Saturday, January 19
- At 12:44 a.m. the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Department recovered a Hamtramck stolen vehicle and made two related arrests.
- A white male was arrested for domestic violence and assault in the 10300 block of Conant.
- At 1:27 a.m. a man from the 2300 block of Hewitt was issued violations for a fraudulent temporary tag on his vehicle after a traffic stop at Caniff and Mitchell.
- At 1:40 a.m. two men were placed under arrest for fighting at a bar in the 12000 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 1:50 a.m. a woman from the 3900 block of Oliver came to the station and reported a break-in, naming the suspect in the report.
- At 3:19 a.m. a man was arrested after a traffic stop during which marijuana was located inside vehicle.
- At 8:31 a.m. officers responded to the 12000 block of Dequindre for a broken window. Officers found a broken window and the front door open. Hamtramck Housing maintenance was notified and secured the apartment.
- At 10:16 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) broke into a house in the 3100 block of Belmont. He believes that it may have been former tenants.
- At 10:50 a.m. two men were arrested for obstructing justice and driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Roosevelt.
- At 4:07 p.m. a victim reported that person(s) unknown stole her vehicle while it was parked in front of her residence in the 2300 block of Casmere.
- At 5:20 p.m. Highland Park Police transported one female to the Hamtramck Police Station for a Hamtramck warrant.
- At 5:25 p.m. a victim reported that while at a gas station in the 8900 block of Jos. Campau a suspect attempted to rob him of his bicycle but was unsuccessful.
- At 9:45 p.m. a complainant came into the station and reported that her daughter had run away from her residence.
Sunday, January 20
- At 1:30 a.m. a man was placed under arrest for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (“super drunk”) while stopped at Jos. Campau and Trowbridge after a his BAC test resulted in a 0.25.
- At 2:27 a.m. a man was placed under arrest for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, minor in possession of alcohol, not possessing proper insurance, an improper plate and an improperly registered vehicle after a traffic stop at Yemans and Gallagher revealed a BAC of .141.
- At 2:43 a.m., while officers were checking an alarm in the 2300 block of Caniff they discovered the back door open. There were no apparent damages or theft, and a key holder made the scene.
- At 3:40 a.m. the DPW was notified of a downed tree that struck a parked car, blocking the entire street in the 2300 block of Botsford.
- At 11:43 a.m. a man was robbed at gunpoint in the area of Jos. Campau and Caniff by a black male wearing a dark hoodie and an unknown male driving a white Pontiac. The suspects got $100 and a silver Motorola cell phone.
- At 12:50 p.m. a man was placed under arrest for open intoxicants and not possessing proper insurance after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Meade.
- A Florian resident reported receiving threatening phone calls from a male named in report.
Monday, January 21
- A resident of the 2000 block of Edwin reported the theft of his laptop computer from his vehicle between 1:00 and 11:00 a.m.
- A female reported that after completing her transaction at PNC Bank ATM at 3 p.m. a black male, about 20-years-old and 5’10”, wearing a black fleece sweater over a gray hoodie, faded and worn blue jeans, with short hair and a medium complexion, ordered her to withdraw all of her money. A weapon was implied. The suspect fled on foot with $300.
- A female reported that while completing her transaction at the PNC Bank ATM at 5 p.m. a black male, about 20-years-old and 6’0”, wearing a dark jacket and dark knit cap, instructed her to withdraw all of her money after threatening to choke her. The suspect fled on foot with $140.
- Officers responded to the 3300 block of Comstock for a break-in in progress at 6:29 p.m. Officers found the rear window was broken out and entry had been made. Officers placed a male under arrest after they located him in the alley with injuries consistent with breaking out a window. EMS treated the suspect at the station.
Tuesday, January 22
- At 7:26 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his 1997 Ford between 8:30 p.m. on 1/21 6:30 a.m. on 1/22 from the 2600 block of Botsford.
- At 7:50 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) attempted to enter a building in the 11500 Fleming between 11 p.m. on 1/21 and 7:30 a.m. 1/22.
- At 10 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) broke into his 1994 Buick at 10:30 a.m. on 1/21 in the 9100 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 10:44 a.m. a man passed fraudulent insurance to the City Attorney at 3401 Evaline.
- At noon a woman reported that a man opened a credit card in her name without her permission.
- At 1:40 p.m. a woman passed fraudulent insurance to the City Attorney at 3401 Evaline.
- Officers responded to an alarm in the 2600 block of Zinow at 4:38 p.m. and found that entry had been made. A resident was already on the scene and stated nothing appeared to be missing.
- A female was placed under arrest for driving with a suspended license during a traffic stop at Carpenter and Sobieski at 5:12 p.m.
Wednesday, January 23
- At 7:05 p.m. on 1/22 two men were placed under arrest after they led the police department on a high speed pursuit, ending at Charles and Mt. Elliott, after the vehicle (taken in a Detroit carjacking) crashed. The suspects rammed one of the department’s vehicles during the pursuit. The two arrestee’s are part of the armed robbery crew that have victimized the city in the past couple of weeks. At 4 a.m. detectives raided a Detroit home and placed a third suspect under arrest without incident.
- At 4:25 a.m. a man from the 2000 block of Yemans reported that person(s) unknown stole his 2006 Jeep Commander between 6 p.m. on 1/22 and 4:24 a.m. on 1/23.
- At 10:25 a.m. Child Protective Services notified the station of an alleged child abuse in the 3000 block of Jacob.
- A juvenile reported while walking in the area of Gallagher and Norwalk at 4:34 p.m. he was robbed by two black males, both approximately 18-years-old and 5’8”, one wearing a gray hoodie and one wearing a black hoodie and armed with a handgun. The suspects fled eastbound on Evaline in a Gold Chevy Tahoe after taking his iPhone 5.