Crime Log … 2/1/13
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Wednesday, January 23 through Tuesday, January 29.
Wednesday, January 23
- At 7:05 p.m. on 1/22 two men were placed under arrest after they led the police department on a high speed pursuit, ending at Charles and Mt. Elliott, after the vehicle (taken in a Detroit carjacking) crashed. The suspects rammed one of the department’s vehicles during the pursuit. The two arrestees are part of a suspected armed robbery crew that had victimized the city in the past couple of weeks. At 4 a.m. detectives raided a Detroit home and placed a third suspect under arrest without incident.
- At 4:25 a.m. a man from the 2000 block of Yemans reported that person(s) unknown stole his 2006 Jeep Commander between 6 p.m. on 1/22 and 4:24 a.m. on 1/23.
- At 10:25 a.m. Child Protective Services notified the station of an alleged child abuse in the 3000 block of Jacob.
- A juvenile reported while walking in the area of Gallagher and Norwalk at 4:34 p.m. he was robbed by two black males, both approximately 18-years-old and 5’8”, one wearing a gray hoodie and one wearing a black hoodie and armed with a handgun. The suspects fled eastbound on Evaline in a Gold Chevy Tahoe after taking his iPhone 5.
Thursday, January 24
- A man reported he was robbed by four black males wearing dark clothing while walking near Caniff and Gallagher.
- A male was transported to the DRH Crisis Center after telling officers he was a Hamtramck Police Officer and attempting to gain entry into scout cars and the police station.
- There was an attempted theft of a 2001 Ford pickup in the 2200 block of Edwin. Officers located suspects in a vehicle (a silver Dodge Ram) attempting to steal a second vehicle, but the suspects fled into Detroit.
- The same silver Dodge Ram, confirmed to be stolen, was observed being involved in the attempted theft of a 2011 Chevy Impala from the 2200 block of Evaline. The suspects once again fled after being observed by officers.
- An injury accident occurred at Jos. Campau and Denton.
- A man reported that two males known to him came into his residence and assaulted him with a handgun.
- At 8:33 a.m. an administrator at Kosciuszko Middle School reported an unknown person(s) took $280 from a locked box.
- At 8:43 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his 1988 GMC from the 12100 block of Dequindre between 4 and 6 a.m. on today’s date.
- At 10:49 a.m. a black male filled up his white Ford Explorer with gas then fled without paying.
- At 11:23 a.m. officers located the Ford Explorer and a male was arrested.
- At 11:46 a.m. a woman reported that she was jumped by three black females while walking home from school.
- A tenant of a house in the 11300 block of St. Aubin reported a B&E between 12/24/12 and 01/23/13. Nothing appeared to be missing.
- A crash occurred at Holbrook and Latham at 3:35 p.m.
- A Detroit resident was placed under arrest for driving with a suspended license and possession of narcotics paraphernalia after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Whalen.
- An officer was provided fraudulent State Farm insurance during a traffic stop at Caniff and Mackay at 7:09 p.m.
- A woman was placed under arrest at Jos. Campau and Burnside for five Hamtramck felony warrants.
Friday, January 25
- A woman reported being assaulted by an ex-boyfriend in the 3200 block of Evaline.
- A man and a woman were arrested for mutual domestic violence after fighting in the 2000 block of Caniff. Both were also issued citations for fighting in public.
- Two males were arrested after a traffic stop revealed narcotics in the vehicle.
- At 8:30 a.m. a woman reported that an Arabic male driving a gray Jeep had been following her in the 11600 block of McDougall.
- At 9:21 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his 1998 Dodge Stratus between 9 p.m. on 1/24 and 8:30 a.m. on 1/25.
- At 2:50 p.m. a woman reported that someone stole the catalytic converter from her vehicle, which was parked in front of a building in the 8600 block of Jos. Campau.
- At 3:50 p.m. a woman reported that her ex-boyfriend had been calling the school where she works and was harassing her.
- At 3:55 p.m. a man was placed under arrest for a Wayne County warrant at Jos. Campau and Evaline.
- At 6 p.m. a woman reported that someone stole her catalytic converter from the parking lot of the high school.
- At 6 p.m. a man from the 3900 block of Dorothy reported that someone broke into his vehicle and stole a handgun.
- At 7:54 p.m. a man was placed under arrest for driving without a license after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Hewitt
- At 10 p.m. a man was placed under arrest after a traffic stop at Yemans and Lumpkin revealed that he did not have a license and that it had been suspended 55 times.
- At 11:39 p.m. a man was placed under arrest at Caniff and Conant for urinating in public and an outstanding 31st District warrant.
- At 11:55 p.m. a man made a harassing/threatening phone calls.
Saturday, January 26
- At 12:48 a.m. a man passed fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Holbrook and Charest.
- At 1:36 a.m. a male was arrested for a Hamtramck warrant after a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Zinow.
- At 3 a.m. a man was placed under arrest for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (2nd time) after traffic stop at Oklahoma and Commor.
- At 8:25 a man reported his son was missing from the 3300 block of Holbrook since the previous day. At 9:30 a.m. he called back and stated that the son had returned home.
- At 12:50 p.m. a woman reported that her ex-boyfriend raped her on 1/24.
- At 7:51 p.m. one male was placed under arrest for a warrant out of Warren while being
investigated for a parking complaint at Caniff and Lumpkin.
Sunday, January 27
- A crash occurred at Charest and Holbrook at 12:20 a.m.
- An officer was provided with fraudulent 21st Century Insurance during a traffic stop at Edwin and Dequindre at 5:37 p.m.
- At 7 p.m. officers responded to an armed robbery in the 11400 block of Conant. The suspect was described as a white male, approximately 35-years-old, 5’5” with a medium build. The suspect was wearing a light green ski mask and a light green coat. He produced a black handgun and ordered the employee to empty the register. The suspect then fled on foot southbound on Conant with approximately $55.
- A Florian resident reported being threatened with a baseball bat after he confronted a driver who had been driving recklessly, almost striking him at Carpenter and Gallagher at about 7:50 p.m.
- A Hewitt resident was petitioned into DRH Crises Center after she expressed a concern that she may hurt herself.
- A Mitchell resident reported fraudulent transactions made to her debit account in December 2012.
- At 11:38 p.m. a woman from the 3900 block of Caniff reported that person(s) unknown broke out the driver’s side window on her 1998 Lexus.
- Also at 11:38 p.m., a man from the 2300 block of Faber reported that person(s) unknown broke out the rear window of his 2008 Jeep and stole his navigation unit.
Monday, January 28
- At 1:21 a.m. a woman was placed under arrest for driving with a suspended license during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Poland.
- At 1:55 a.m. a woman from Harrison Township called the front desk and stated that a man known to her called her and stated that he was at an unknown house in Hamtramck and that someone shot him up with an unknown drug and that he needed help. Officers called his cell phone, which went right to voice mail. Officers contacted Sprint for the GPS coordinates, which they weren’t able to triangulate because of a weak signal.
- At 2:06 a.m. a man from the 2400 block of Andrus reported that person(s) unknown did steal his 2000 Dodge Intrepid between 1:40 and 2 a.m.
- At 2:57 a.m. a stolen vehicle crashed into a light pole at Jos. Campau and Faber and the occupants fled on foot.
- At 3:16 a.m. a juvenile was booked for curfew violation.
- A resident of the 3800 block of Edwin reported unknown suspects threw a rock through the driver’s window of his 2008 Dodge Caravan at 12:47 p.m.
- A resident of the 2400 block of Danforth reported that she paid $100 to a female who said she was with Comcast. Her cable was hooked up illegally. She was contacted by Comcast who advised her of the recurring scam and advised her to make a police report.
- A female reported that when she was walking in the north Caniff alley at Klinger a 30-year-old black male, 5’10” wearing all black clothing and red shoes, grabbed her and attempted to fondle her. The suspect was scared by a loud noise and fled northbound in the east Klinger alley.
- An Edwin resident reported someone set up a Facebook account with her identity and that she has been receiving harassing telephone calls regarding the page.
- A male was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct at Holbrook and Jos. Campau at 6:37 p.m.