By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Wednesday, April 3 through Wednesday, April 10.
Wednesday, April 3
· At 11:48 p.m. on April 2 three juveniles were arrested for curfew violation and one Highland Park adult was arrested for a 6th Circuit Felony Parole Absconder warrant while the four were investigated in the 11400 block of Moran.
· Around midnight an abandoned home with an open door in the 2600 block of Trowbridge was searched by officers.
· At 12:46 p.m. a woman reported that someone damaged her 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe between 8 p.m. on 4/2 and 12:30 p.m. on 4/3 while it was parked in the 2300 block of Burger.
· At 12:48 p.m. a man reported that someone took his 1997 Chevy from the 2600 block of Holbrook between 2:30 a.m. on 4/2 and 10:30 a.m. on 4/3.
· At 7:30 p.m. a female was arrested in the 8500 block of Jos. Campau for armed robbery and a Hamtramck warrant.
· At 10:26 p.m. a resident in the 11600 block of Lumpkin reported that she observed a juvenile break the windshield of her vehicle.
Thursday, April 4
· At 5:59 a.m. a Warren stolen 2004 Ford pickup was recovered in the 1900 block of Fullerton. The vehicle was recovered with keys, and the Warren Police Department was notified.
· At 10:06 a.m. a female was arrested at Caniff and Ellery for felony assault, a Hamtramck warrant, and driving with a suspended license after she assaulted someone at a gas station at Caniff and Conant.
· A resident of the 3000 block of Roosevelt reported a package was stolen from his porch.
Friday, April 5
· At 12:55 a.m. a resident in the 2900 block of Jacob reported being assaulted.
· At 10:10 a.m. a woman turned in a red boy’s bike that was left on her porch in the 3400 block of Yemans about a week ago.
· At 11:29 a.m. a man made a B&E report. He stated that someone broke into his property in the 2300 block of Hewitt around 11 a.m. on today’s date. This was the third time the house has been broken into.
· At 11:47 p.m. a person was arrested for domestic violence.
Saturday, April 6
· At 1:20 a.m. a person was placed under arrest for trespassing.
· At 2:10 a.m. officers responded to a disturbance at Jos. Campau and Casmere.
· At 2:14 a.m. a person was placed under arrest for assault and battery.
· At 2:31 a.m. three people were placed under arrest for fighting.
· At 3:37 a.m. a person was placed under arrest for domestic violence.
· A crash occurred at Jos. Campau and Norwalk.
· At 1:01 p.m. a woman came to the station to make a fraud report. She stated that she ordered medication online. The medication was supposed to arrive within 24 hours. When it did not she called and they told her she was not going to get her money back.
· At 1:04 p.m. a man was committed to Detroit Receiving Hospital after attempting to jump into a patrol car at Caniff and Gallagher, saying the devil was going to kill him.
· At 3 p.m. there was a traffic accident at Jos. Campau and Roosevelt.
Sunday, April 7
· At 12:10 a.m. a person was placed under arrest for a conditional bond violation.
· At 4:09 p.m. a unit was dispatched to Trowbridge regarding an assault.
· At 4:15 p.m. an accident report was taken at Conant and Casmere.
Monday, April 8
· A male was arrested for domestic violence in the 11500 block of St. Aubin.
· Two Yemans residents reported receiving death threats via text and phone calls.
· At 10:46 a.m. a Hamtramck resident was placed under arrest for assaulting his girlfriend at their residence and then fleeing the scene.
· At 4:39 p.m. a St. Clair Shores resident was placed under arrest at a funeral home in the 2600 block of Caniff for damaging furniture inside of the building after an argument.
· Officers took a report of domestic violence in the 5000 block of Trowbridge at 10:19 p.m.
Tuesday, April 9
· At 12:13 a.m. a Klinger resident reported that someone threw a brick through his living room window.
· At 12:55 a.m. a Detroit resident was placed under arrest for driving with a suspended license during a traffic stop at Hamtramck Drive and Jos. Campau.
· At 1:12 a.m. a Yemans resident walked into the station and reported that she had been assaulted by her boyfriend. The suspect was located and arrested at Gallagher and Trowbridge.
· At 2:26 a.m. a Hamtramck resident was placed under arrest in the area of Dyar and Commor for possession of heroin, violating the city knife ordinance and an outstanding 31st District warrant.
· At 10:29 a.m. a man reported that someone took 2X4 lumber from the 2900 block of Roosevelt between 4/6 and 4/7.
· A male turned over a Mastercard he found on the sidewalk at Jos. Campau and Poland.
· A Dodge Ram van stolen from Livingston County was recovered at Mackay and Holmes at 3:44 p.m.
· A man was placed under arrest for domestic violence in the 11800 block of Conant at 5:14 p.m.
· A Dyar resident reported her identity was used to open unauthorized accounts and file income taxes.
· A resident of the 2600 block of Yemans reported windows on his vehicle were broken by a suspect named in his report.
· At 11:09 p.m. a person was placed under arrest for possession of narcotic paraphernalia in the 2000 block of Caniff.
Wednesday, April 10
· At 9 a.m. a woman came to the station to report that her boyfriend showed up and violated his conditional bond.
· At 12:52 p.m. a woman reported that someone used her credit card to make three transactions for $1,014.
· An agent of a business in the 2100 block of Caniff reported receiving a fraudulent check from a named suspect at 2:58 p.m. A report of the same crime was also made at 4 p.m.
· An officer confiscated suspected drug paraphernalia during a traffic stop at Evaline and Jos. Campau at 3:39 p.m.