By Ian Perrotta
The weather’s getting hot so this week’s Crime Log is getting heavy. This week’s log covers Thursday, May 9 through Wednesday, May 15.
Thursday, May 9
· Around midnight one black adult male (carrying a concealed weapon) and one black juvenile male (possession of narcotics paraphernalia) were arrested following an investigation at Caniff and Mitchell.
· At 1:38 a.m. a resident of the 11000 block of Lumpkin came to the station to report the theft of his Red 2002 Dodge Caravan from the front of his residence.
· At 2:26 a.m. a victim reported being robbed at gunpoint by a 30-year-old black male, 5’6” tall, wearing a gray hoodie and armed with a handgun while walking westbound on Whalen from Jos. Campau.
· At 11:48 a.m. a man reported that an someone broke into his house in the 11700 block of Dyar between 2:30 p.m. on 5/7 and 9:30 a.m. on 5/9.
· At 3:04 p.m. a man who had a Hamtramck felony warrant was arrested at Jos. Campau and Caniff. A search revealed one pair of brass knuckles.
· At 6:33 p.m. a male was arrested for felony assault after assaulting his wife with a weapon.
Friday, May 10
· At 2:26 a.m. a person was committed to Detroit Receiving Hospital Crisis Center (DRHCC) following an investigation of at Conant and Prescott.
· At 9:41 a.m. a man was arrested at Brombach and Holbrook for a Hamtramck felony warrant.
· At 11:20 a.m. an officer was sent to Henry Ford Hospital for an elderly abuse complaint. The abuse incident occurred in the 3900 block of Caniff.
· At noon a male was arrested in the 2200 block of Goodson for domestic violence and a Hamtramck warrant.
· At 1:34 p.m. a male was arrested at Commor and Dequindre after a traffic investigation for operating while intoxicated.
· At 3:40 p.m. a victim reported being assaulted by a group of white males in the 9300 block of Jos. Campau.
· At 4:07 p.m. one juvenile male was arrested near Yemans and Jos. Campau after fleeing on foot from an officer who was investigating a fight call involving a gun.
· At 6:14 p.m. a “victim” reported her landlord turned the power off at her rental property. The landlord complied with police and turned it back on. He was advised to evict through the courts.
· At 9 p.m. a resident of Hamtramck reported fraudulent activity on her credit card.
Saturday, May 11
· At 12:57 a.m. a subject was placed under arrest for carrying a concealed weapon following an investigation in the 12000 block of Klinger.
· At 2:04 a.m. two people were placed under arrest for disorderly conduct following an investigation of a disturbance in the 11400 block of Jos. Campau.
· At 1:17 p.m. a person reported someone attempted to steal his vehicle while it was parked in front of his residence in the 2400 block of Commor, damaging the door and the ignition.
· At 4:12 p.m. a two-year-old lost child was transported to the police station. Officers were able to make contact with her mother, who was charged for violating the parental responsibility ordinance. The mother took custody of the child and Child Protective Services (CPS) was notified and a case was created.
· At 4:55 p.m. a man was arrested at Falcon and Yemans after an officer had personal knowledge the driver’s license was suspended. A K-9 sniff of the vehicle revealed marijuana.
· At 6:03 p.m. a female was arrested for a driving without a license and a Hamtramck warrant after a traffic investigation at Gallagher and Yemans.
· At 8:33 a Hamtramck resident reported receiving numerous harassing phone calls.
Sunday, May 12
· At 12:30 a.m. a female was arrested for two Hamtramck warrants at the Berkley Police Department.
· At 2:12 a.m. a person was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated following a traffic stop at Holbrook and Brombach.
· At 2:16 a.m. a subject was committed to DRHCC following an investigation at Jos. Campau and Caniff.
· At 11:30 a.m. a man reported his 1998 Dodge Durango stolen while parked in the 12000 block of St. Aubin.
· At 11:51 a.m. a man from the 3300 block of Doremus reported damage to the front window of his home.
· At 12:45 p.m. a woman living on McDougall Street in Detroit reported that her camera bag containing a Nikon camera and an additional telescopic lens were stolen while inside a church on Florian.
· At 2:52 p.m. a victim reported the catalytic converter stolen from their vehicle while it was parked in the 11700 block of Klinger.
· At 3:50 p.m. officers recovered a loose white male Chihuahua from the 3000 block of Roosevelt.
· At 4:15 p.m. a victim reported someone attempted to steal his vehicle while it was parked in the 2200 block of Yemans.
· At approx 5:31 p.m. a victim reported someone damaged his vehicle while it was parked in the 2200 block of Yemans.
· At 5:44 p.m. a man observed two juveniles pointing a pellet gun as vehicles drove by the area of Conant and Dorothy. The pellet gun was confiscated and the juveniles were transported to their parents.
· At 6:32 p.m. a victim reported being assaulted by her boyfriend in the 2900 block of Roosevelt.
Monday, May 13
· At 3:03 a.m. officers were flagged down in regards to a felony assault in the 9200 block of Conant.
· At 8:15 a.m. a man reported that someone took his 1999 Plymouth Voyager from in front of a house in the 3100 block of Hanley between 9 p.m. on 5/12 and 7:30 a.m. on 5/13.
· At 7:58 a.m. a domestic assault occurred in the 11600 block of Lumpkin. An ex-boyfriend fled the scene prior to officers arriving.
· At 8:54 p.m. a man reported a black male stole his wallet from a fast food business on Jos. Campau before fleeing southbound on Jos. Campau. The suspect was a black male, about 6’4″ with braids and dark clothing.
· At 10:23 p.m. a man was arrested at a party store in the 2100 block of Caniff after making verbal threats of having a firearm and stealing a pile of newspapers.
· At 11:10 p.m. a resident of the 3200 block of Lehman reported that unknown person put paint on her vehicle while it was parked in front of her residence.
· At 11:30 p.m. a carjacking occurred in the 9400 block of Latham. Taken was a 2013 Silver Ford Fusion. Two black males, – both armed with black handguns – pistol-whipped the victim.
· At approx 0518 hours, a male was placed under arrest at 2600 Commor for domestic and Hamtramck Warrant
· At 3 p.m. units were dispatched to Charest Street regarding a mental situation. After a short investigation units transported a person to DRHCC.
· At 3 p.m. a Moran resident came to the station and made a harassing phone call report.
· At 3:30 p.m. a St. Aubin resident called and stated his home was broken into. Numerous items were taken.
· At 3:54 p.m. a Trowbridge resident made a B&E report. Two bicycles were taken.
· At 4:28 p.m. a witness stated she observed an unknown male place a backpack in a garbage can. After a brief investigation the backpack was tagged into evidence.
· At 6:54 p.m. a Hamtramck resident reported that he was robbed at gunpoint while at the corner of Holbrook and Jos. Campau.
· A family member came to the station stating they were worried about an overdue motorist. A missing report was taken.
· At 9 p.m. a Holbrook resident came into the station and made a report of sexual assault.
· At 9:47 p.m. a man was arrested in the 3300 block of Doremus after assaulting his two children. CPS was notified.
· At 11:47 p.m. a missing juvenile was located during a traffic stop and returned to his mother.
Tuesday, May 14
· At 3:46 a.m. officers recovered a Hamtramck-stolen Plymouth Voyager in Detroit.
· At 12:57 p.m. a man reported that his daughter assaulted him in the 11500 block of Fleming.
· At 4:40 p.m. a Hamtramck resident reported that he recovered his stolen vehicle on St. Aubin between Commor and Carpenter.
· At 2:25 p.m. it was reported that a car accident happened upon private property in the 9500 block of Conant.
· At 3:34 p.m. a Sobieski resident reported her electric lawn mower was stolen from her garage.
· At 4:31 p.m. officers arrested a person during a traffic stop for obstruction of justice and no license.
· At 11 p.m. a subject was placed under arrest for felony assault in the 11000 block of St. Aubin after same threatened a neighbor with a weapon.
Wednesday, May 15
· At 12:44 p.m. a Hamtramck resident reported someone broke the door to her garage and entered, but did not take anything
· 5:10h p.m. a party store made a report of a check that was returned to them by the bank.
· At 6:22 p.m. a Holmes resident reported that his garage was broken into and several items were taken.
· At 7:10 p.m. officers were dispatched to Caniff and Moran regarding an intoxicated male. After a brief investigation the subject was issued tickets for possession of narcotic paraphernalia and public intoxication, and then transported DRH.
· At 8:05 p.m. a Hewitt resident reported that someone had stolen his Jack Russell/Pitbull mix from the backyard.
· At 8:31 p.m. a Belmont resident reported that someone had stolen his lawnmower from the garage.