By Charles Sercombe
Hamtramck has another round of property sales up for auction.
This sale includes residential lots and structures, as well as two industrial sites.
There are some requirements for purchasing the sites.
For the residential properties, buyers must do the following, according to the city’s website:
1) Buyers must repair and bring the property up to code or construct a new unit within two years of purchase.
2) Buyers must confirm that the planned development will be owner-occupied.
3) Buyers must have the ability to close the sale within 48 hours of the auction ending date. The city will award sales to the highest qualifying bids.
This is a silent auction, and bids started on Jan. 11. The deadline to submit a bid is Jan. 30 at 10 a.m.
Bids will be opened and reviewed on Jan. 30, at 10 a.m., in city hall. It’s open to the public to view.
The following sites are being offered, along with their minimum bids:
• 9836 Dequindre — House $5,270.01
• 3891 Doremus — Garage $3,403.39
• 9327 Gallagher — House $9,016.70
• 1983 Yemans — House $3,585.31
• 3415 Yemans — House $12,381.39
• 3971 Yemans — Vacant Lot $1,143.29
• 5008 Yemans — House $15,590.01
The requirements for purchasers of the industrial sites include, according to the city:
1: The buyer must purchase both parcels as a set.
2: The buyer must agree to remove contaminated soils on the site.
3: The buyer must agree to update the screening and fencing around the parcel.
4: The buyer must agree to cooperate with the city to revitalize the corner of Joseph Campau as it is the entrance to the city and adjacent to the Joe Louis Greenway.
5: The buyer must close on the sale within 14 days of the ending date of the auction using certified funds (e.g., cashier’s check, money order, or certified check).
The industrial sites up for auction are:
• 2930 Denton and 7901 Joseph Campau, $52,669
More information and applications are available on the city’s website:
On the website, go to the “Information Center” tab and click on “Property for Sale.”
You can also go to city hall for an application. Applications for the industrial sites are also due Jan. 30 at 10 a.m.
Posted Jan. 20, 2023