Crime Log …11/2/12
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s crime log covers Tuesday, October 22 to Wednesday, October 31.
Tuesday, Oct. 23
- At 1:54 a.m. two residents of the 3300 block of Comstock were placed under arrest for domestic violence.
- At 7:54 a.m. a male was arrested for driving without a license after a traffic stop at Gallagher and Jacob.
- At 12:17 a.m. a woman reported someone stole her wheel chair lift controller.
- At 12:49 a.m. a bomb threat was reported to the front desk.
- A crash occurred at Gallagher and Casmere.
- At 6 p.m. a woman reported being assaulted by one of her tenants in the 3900 block of Caniff.
- At 6:54 p.m. officers placed two people under arrest after both assaulted each other.
- At 7:27 p.m. officers recovered a stolen security door that was taken from the 9800 block of Dequindre.
Wednesday, Oct. 24
- A crash occurred at Carpenter and Klinger.
- At 12:46 p.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) damaged his ’02 Chevy Silverado in front of a house in the 2600 block of Neibel between 8:00 p.m. on 10/22 and 3:30 p.m. today.
- At 2:25 p.m. Officers placed a man under arrest after he attempted to break into a house in the 2600 block of Holmes.
- At 12:59 p.m. officers placed a man under arrest after he was found to be in possession of a handgun.
- At 1:10 p.m. a woman from the 2600 block of Holmes reported someone broke into her home and stole two televisions.
- A crash occurred at Caniff and Gallagher.
- At 11:34 p.m. a male was arrested for domestic violence and a Hamtramck warrant during an altercation with his daughter in the 9400 block of Gallagher.
Thursday, Oct. 25
- At 12:10 a.m. a male was arrested for attempted B&E, obstructing justice and a Hamtramck warrant in the 12000 block of Sobieski.
- At 1:26 a.m. a male was arrested for a Hamtramck warrant by officers investigating a loud music complaint in the 12000 block of Lumpkin.
- At 6:10 a.m. officers recovered a brand new pair of Nike Air Force Ones from a man who “admitted” that he found them in the area of Trowbridge/Conant.
- A crash occurred at Buffalo and Prescott.
- At 4:20 p.m. a man reported someone stole a steel grate from his carwash on Buffalo at Norwalk.
- At 4:49 p.m. a woman from the 3200 block of Lehman reported someone had been tampering with her mail.
- At 5:03 p.m. officers placed three men under arrest after they forced entry into a garage in the 2600 block of Commor and took property from inside.
- At 11:59 p.m. a male was arrested for domestic violence after a woman reported he assaulted her in the 11600 block of Mitchell.
Friday, Oct. 26
- At 1:37 a.m. a male was arrested for assault and a Hamtramck warrant during an altercation in the 9300 block of Gallagher.
- At 1:39 a.m. a female was arrested for operating while intoxicated (she had a high BAC) during an investigation of PDA at Nagel and Caniff.
- At 8:20 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) forced open the door to her vehicle causing damage.
- At 10:10 a.m. a man was placed under arrest for an outstanding warrant arrest during a traffic stop.
- At 4:44 p.m. a man was placed under arrest after a traffic stop showed him to be driving without a license.
Saturday, Oct. 27
- At 10:52 a.m. a male was arrested for a Hamtramck warrant after a TS at Holbrook/Jos Campau.
- At 11:47 a.m. a man reported that a former resident of his house on the 3000 block of Roosevelt damaged the interior when he left.
- A Corunna resident reported the rear window of her 2000 Chevy pick-up truck was broken out while parked in the alley behind the 2400 block of Florian at 5:55 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 28
- At 12:34 a.m. a male was arrested for a Hamtramck warrant and violation of an injunctive order by officers investigating a disturbance in the 12000 block of Lumpkin.
- A crash occurred at Carpenter and McDougall.
- At 4:20 a.m. a male was arrested for domestic assault after his girlfriend reported he assaulted her at their residence in the 11600 block of Moran.
Monday, Oct. 29
- At 9:19 a.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) damaged her window at 8:00.
- At 9:51 a.m. a man reported that his landlord assaulted him and attempted to stab him in the 2400 block of Hewitt on at 11:38 p.m. on 10/28.
- At 11:07 a.m. a man presented fraudulent insurance during court.
- A crash occurred Holbrook and Dubois.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Pulaski reported to the station that several items have been missing individually over the past few months including kitchen chairs and clothing. She has never observed damage to her doors or windows.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Carpenter reported her digital converter box stolen by former residents.
- A crash occurred at Holbrook and Gallagher at 4:01 p.m.
- A Hanley resident reported his driver’s door glass was punched out while he was parked in the 12100 block of Conant at approximately 9:24 p.m. The suspect was described as a white male age 25-30, about 6’3″ tall and wearing a dark t-shirt. The suspect was placed under arrest at 10:16 p.m. after he returned to the 12100 block of Lumpkin and attempted to punch out more windows.
- A resident of the 5100 block of Yemans reported his garage was broken into between 6:15 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Three tool boxes and two floor jacks were stolen.
- At 11:45 p.m. a tree fell over a parked vehicle in the 11600 block of Moran.
Tuesday, Oct. 30
- At 12:29 a woman from the 6700 block of Iowa was placed under arrest by Michigan State Police for a Hamtramck warrant.
- At 8:43a.m. a man passed fraudulent insurance at court.
- At 10:26 p.m. three people were placed under arrest for carrying concealed weapons and possession after officers were dispatched to a disturbance on Jos. Campau at Casmere.
Wednesday, Oct. 31
- At 1:52 a.m. hrs a man from the 4100 block of Oliver was placed under arrest for driving without a license and having a fraudulent tag after he was stopped on Caniff at Charest.
- At 3:33 a.m. a woman from the 11400 block of Charest reported an unknown person broke out her picture window.
- At 3:38 p.m. an agent of a business in the 12100 block of Conant reported a suspected fraudulent check.
- At 9 p.m. officers brought in seven juvenile males after they were caught throwing eggs at a house on Gallagher. Ordinance violations were issued to their parents.