Crime Log …11/9/12
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Nov. 1 through Nov. 7.
Thursday, November 1
- At 11:24 p.m. on October 31 a female was arrested for felonious assault during an altercation in the 2600 block of Neibel. One of her juvenile sons was injured and transported to Children’s Hospital. Her other juvenile son was turned over to arrestee’s brother per Child Protective Services.
- At 8:25 a.m. a man reported that person(s) unknown stole his 2006 Mazda from the 2300 block of Holmes.
- At 10:54 a.m. a woman entered the station and reported that she was assaulted by her boyfriend.
- At 11:13 a.m. a man reported his watch missing under suspicious circumstances.
- At 11:30 a.m. officers conducted a death investigation on Mitchell.
- At 12:50 p.m. a man reported that person(s) unknown stole his Volkswagen from the area of Holbrook and Conant.
- At 3 p.m. a man reported two black males who were known to him assaulted him and stole his iPod while on Casmere near Gallagher.
- At 3:06 p.m. a man reported that a black male known to him stole his cell phone after asking to borrow it.
- At 11:38 p.m. a man was arrested for violating the knife ordinance and felony warrant out of Shelby Township during a traffic stop at Oklahoma and Carpenter.
- At 11:42 p.m. a woman from the 3000 block of Lehman reported an unknown person tried to break into her residence but appeared to be scared off by the alarm.
- At 11:59 p.m. two males were arrested during a traffic stop on Nagel south of Carpenter. The driver was arrested for driving without a license and the passenger for two outstanding Wayne County felony warrants.
Friday, November 2
- At 12:33 a.m. a man reported an unknown person(s) broke out the rear window of his ’04 Chrysler Sebring while parked on the 12000 block of Nagel.
- At 9:50 a.m. a man entered the station and reported the theft of property from his rental property on the 2000 block of Caniff.
- A crash occurred at Jos. Campau and Holbrook.
- At 5:28 p.m. A woman reported her father missing.
- At 5:58 p.m. a woman reported someone stole her wallet from her vehicle while it was parked near her home.
- At 7:54 p.m. a woman reported property stolen out of her vehicle while it was parked on Charest near Caniff.
- At 9:11 p.m. a man reported his girlfriend missing.
Saturday, November 3
- At 2:37 a.m. a Detroit resident was placed under arrest at the Hamtramck Police Station for our warrant and fraudulent insurance.
- At 10:06 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) damaged his ’08 BMW while it was parked on the 9300 block of Charest between 7 p.m. on 11/2 and 7 a.m. on 11/3.
- At 10:20 a.m. a woman reported that former tenants took 18 screens from the basement of her house on the 2600 block of Carpenter.
- A crash occurred at Casmere and Mackay.
- At 11:28 a.m. a woman reported that she was robbed on the 2600 block of Casmere by a black male, 5’11″ – 6′, wearing a black ski mask, dark blue jacket, black hooded sweatshirt, jeans, and black or blue shoes.
- At 1:11 p.m. a woman passed fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Casmere.
- Detroit residents were placed under arrest for strong arm after they assaulted a victim and stole his phone and hooded sweatshirt at Conant and Prescott. A third suspect was named in the report. Suspected marijuana also recovered.
- A female was threatened with a knife after she attempted to intervene in a domestic argument in front of a house on the 2600 block of Neibul. The suspect, described as a 19-year-old white male, fled in a red Chevy Camaro.
- At 6 p.m. a Detroit juvenile was placed under arrest after the same grabbed an iPhone from a male inside a building in the 11300 block of Conant and fled on foot from officers. Officers located a small amount of suspected cocaine inside his pocket. Juvenile was transferred to Wayne County Youth Home.
Sunday, November 4
- At 12:38 a.m. two subjects were arrested for disorderly conduct following a fight on the 2000 block of Caniff.
- At 3:30 a.m. a resident in the 3900 block of Edwin was placed under arrest for domestic violence.
- At 8 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his ’04 Jeep Cherokee plate:BNM1807 from the 3000 block of Goodson between midnight and 7:30 a.m. on today’s date.
- A man was placed under arrest for a 31st District warrant during a traffic stop at Jos. Campau and Zinow at 11:47 a.m.
- A Rochester Hills resident reported her wallet stolen while she was shopping in the 9400 block of Jos. Campau at 2:12 p.m.
- At 6:30 p.m. a hit-and-run accident occurred in the Woodland/Grand Haven area. A 2002 Chevy was impounded off of Oklahoma with consistent accident damage.
- At 11:51 p.m. two males were arrested during a traffic stop after suspected marijuana was found in their vehicle. The driver was issued a violation for driving without a license.
Monday, November 5
- A crash occurred on Klinger near Casmere.
- At 8:37 two men and a Hamtramck juvenile were placed under arrest near Charest and Caniff.
- At 10:25 a.m. a man was placed under arrest after a foot chase.
- A crash occurred on Conant at Norwalk.
- Three males were placed under arrest after they assaulted two agents of a business in the 3200 block of Caniff at 7:33 p.m.
- A female was placed under arrest in the 11300 block of Lumpkin for disturbing the peace and obstructing officers while they were investigating a family disturbance at 9:32 p.m.
- At 11:38 p.m. a subject was placed under arrest for driving without a license following a traffic stop.
- At 11:46 p.m. a man reported his cell phone stolen from the office at Hamtramck High school.
Tuesday, November 6
- A hit-and-run accident occurred when an unknown vehicle struck the garage of a house on the 2700 block of Commor at approximately 8 a.m.
- At 8:51 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his ’07 Dodge Caravan, plate:CGC4402 from the 12000 block of Grand Haven between 12:45 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. on today’s date.
- At 10:15 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) damaged the window on his house in the 3000 block of Goodson between 10 p.m. on 11/5 and 4:30 a.m. on 11/6.
- At 11:15 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took his 40 caliber Taurus handgun from his ’03 GMC Yukon while it was parked on Goodson between 6 p.m. on 11/3 and 11 a.m. on 11/6.
- Two females were placed under arrest for domestic assault as mutual combatants on the 9400 block of Gallagher at 3:49 p.m.
- A Detroit resident provided fraudulent insurance during a traffic stop at Conant and Harold at 4:23 p.m.
- A female was placed under arrest for driving without a license and 31st District warrants during a traffic stop at Yemans and Dequindre at 4:47 p.m.
Wednesday, November 7
- Shortly after midnight a man on television reported that he lost an election.
- At 12:19 a.m. a subject from the 2200 block of Danforth was arrested for domestic violence.
- At 3:49 p.m. the unlawful driving away of an automobile was reported in the 2900 block of Hanley.
- A crash occurred at Belmont and Conant.
- At 10 a.m. a female was arrested for a Hamtramck warrant after a traffic accident on Hamtramck Drive.
- At 12:24 p.m. a male was arrested at Wayne County Dickerson Detention Center for a Hamtramck warrant.
- At 11:20 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) took the water heater and furnace from a property in the 11400 block of Conant between 5 p.m. on 11/2 and 8 p.m. on 11/6.
- Officers took custody of a stray Brown and White Pitbull at Gallagher and Caniff and turned it over to the Michigan Humane Society at 4:36 p.m.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Evaline reported a break-in between 4:15 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. on this date. Two laptop computers were stolen. A possible suspect was named in the report.
- A resident of the 2900 block of Goodson reported a break-in through an upstairs window between 1:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. It was unknown if any property was missing.
- A juvenile reported being assault by an unknown female while on Danforth St. at 8:54 p.m.