Crime Log …3/29/13
By Ian Perrotta
This week’s Crime Log covers Thursday, March 21 through Wednesday, March 27.
Thursday, March 21
- A Hamtramck resident reported that someone entered her home in the 3100 block of Goodson between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. and stole $157 in cash from her bedroom dresser. There was no visible sign of forced entry.
- At 1:44 a.m. officers attempted to locate a Hamtramck resident who was knocking on the back door of a house in the 11600 block of Lumpkin. The suspect was gone on arrival. The suspect has a yet-to-be-served Personal Protection Order.
- At 9:47 a.m. an agent of a business in the 8500 block of Jos. Campau reported that someone cut the cord on a digital security camera and attempted to take a customer’s vehicle between 8:30 p.m. on 3/20 and 9 a.m. on 3/21.
- A female was arrested for disorderly conduct in the 12100 block of Jos. Campau at 2:11 p.m.
- The driver of a gold Ford Taurus fled a traffic stop at Holbrook and Conant to the area of Strong and Girardin, where he drove recklessly through overgrown fields impassable by scout cars. The driver then fled on foot, and the vehicle was impounded at 3 p.m.
- An agent of a business in the 3000 block of Holbrook reported that a 20-year-old black male, 5’9” with a medium build and wearing a black hoodie, forced his way behind the counter and stole approximately $250 and miscellaneous lottery tickets at 3:30 p.m.
- A resident of the 2600 block of Commor reported receiving harassing phone calls and texts.
- A juvenile was arrested for obstructing police officers at Jos. Campau and Roosevelt at 3:53 p.m. A search revealed suspected prescription narcotics.
- Officers found an open door in the 12100 block of Klinger. The residence was cleared and secured and there were no signs of forced entry.
- A man was arrested for urinating in public at Jos. Campau and Yemans at 5:55 p.m.
- Two juveniles were arrested after they attempted to steal a Chrysler Town & Country from a house in the 12000 block of Sobieski at 8:54 p.m.
- At 11:51 p.m. an Oliver street resident reported being assaulted and robbed of twenty dollars while walking northbound on Conant at the viaduct.
Friday, March 22
- At 8:23 a.m. officers responded to a school in the 2300 block of Burger for a possible case of child abuse. Child Protective Services was also notified.
- At 11 a.m. a woman reported that her roommate assaulted her in the 3900 block of Doremus after she got locked out. The landlord stated no assault took place.
- At 5:54 p.m. a person was arrested for driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop.
Saturday, March 23
- At 1:26 a.m. a person was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, following a traffic accident.
- At 2:12 a.m. three people were arrested for disorderly conduct.
- At 3:17 a.m. officers took a report of an assault in the 12000 block of Dequindre.
- At 4:47 a.m. a person was arrested for domestic violence.
- At 9:24 a.m. officers located a 2013 Chrysler Town & Country with damage to the ignition. The vehicle was run through the LEIN system and came back as not stolen. B&T towed the vehicle for safekeeping.
- At 3 p.m. an Edwin resident reported her catalytic converter had been stolen from her vehicle.
- At 6 p.m. an Oklahoma resident called and stated she was assaulted by an unknown female.
- At 9 p.m. Michigan State Police dropped off a subject who was placed under arrest for a Hamtramck warrant.
Sunday, March 24
- At 12:42 a.m. a resident of the 9400 block of Gallagher reported receiving threatening correspondence left on her porch by an unknown person.
- At 3:15 a.m. officers issued an MLCC violation to an establishment in the 9000 block of Conant.
- At 9:28 a.m. a Hamtramck resident was arrested at Gallagher and Evaline for felony assault after he was involved in a road rage incident.
- At 1:32 a.m. officers recovered a stolen cell phone, with the help of the owner, in the 10000 block of Conant.
- A resident of the 12000 block of Lumpkin turned over a red bicycle someone dumped in her backyard.
- At 10:29 p.m. a man from the 2700 block of Norwalk reported that he was receiving harassing telephone calls.
Monday, March 25
- At 7:35 a.m. a crash occurred at Casmere and Mitchell.
- At 9:51 a.m. a Hamtramck resident reported the theft of her credit card from her wallet.
- At 4 p.m. a Royal Oak resident reported the rear window of his PT Cruiser was broken at Mackay and Holmes.
- A resident of the 3100 block of Hanley reported his back door was kicked open between 3/20 and 5:30 p.m. on today’s date. Copper plumbing was stolen from the basement.
Tuesday, March 26
- At 9:13 a.m. a man passed fraudulent insurance to the City Attorney.
- At 11:06 a.m. a man reported his wife was missing.
- At 12:38 p.m. a woman reported that an unknown person(s) used her daughter’s identity to open an account.
- Officers transported a brown and white American Staffordshire Terrier to the Humane Society after the dog was barricading a resident inside her house on Yemans at 2:35 p.m.
- A crash occurred at Caniff and Ellery at 3 p.m.
- A resident of the 11600 block of St. Aubin reported that unknown suspect(s) broke a mirror off of his Oldsmobile at 3:44 p.m.
- A male reported he was assaulted by four black men while walking in the 12000 block of St. Aubin at 6:55 p.m.
Wednesday, March 27
- At 4:56 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) damaged his 1996 Chevy Caprice while it was parked in the 2600 block of Edwin.
- At 5 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) broke into his 2002 Mercedes Benz while it was parked in the 2600 block of Yemans and took his wallet. A male was arrested a half-hour later in the 2000 block of Evaline after being seen looking in a vehicle in the 2000 block of Edwin. The initial victim’s wallet was located on the thief, along with several more items from other vehicles.
- At 5:52 a.m. a man reported that an unknown person(s) broke into his 1997 Jeep. The vehicle’s doors were unlocked. The radio had been pulled partially out and the vehicle had been ransacked.
- At 7:37 a.m. a male was arrested for a Hamtramck warrant and driving with a suspended license after a traffic stop at Commor and St. Aubin.
- At 3:36 p.m. a victim reported a domestic assault between him and his son in the 2700 block of Evaline. The son fled the scene before officers arrived.
- At 3:43 p.m. an officer recovered property found by a Hamtramck resident at Jos. Campau and Grayling.
- At 4 p.m. a man was arrested for domestic violence, violating a PPO (twice), obstructing police, breaking-and-entering, and receiving stolen property in the 11600 block of Lumpkin.
- At 4 p.m. a victim reported that someone broke into his vehicle and stole numerous items. No damage was observed on the vehicle.
- At 4:50 p.m. a victim came into the station and reported being harassed by a suspect who is known to him.
- At 6:39 p.m. a male juvenile who was present with a parent was assaulted by another juvenile male at Andrus and Jos. Campau. The suspect fled the scene before officers arrived
- At 7:49 p.m. a victim reported a break-in to his residence in the 2200 block of Hewitt.